SOLO - Asgard Stories, by Mary H. Foster and Mabel H. Cummings philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

Here comes the final chapter, ready for PL! Many thanks for your help!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/asgardstories_14_foster_128kb.mp3
(7:16)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Well done! Just one PL note on the last section; it's missing the "End of chapter 14", it should go before the end of the book phrase.
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 4th, 2021, 7:38 am Well done! Just one PL note on the last section; it's missing the "End of chapter 14", it should go before the end of the book phrase.
Thank you so much for patiently listening to my recordings and picking up errors for me to correct. It's greatly appreciated!
I've now updated the audio ie added "End of Chapter 14".

So, where do we go from here? This is my first book :P :P
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 14 is spot-checked and PL OK!

Congratulations on finishing your first book!

Next, MC Phil will do some behind-the-scenes magic to get the audiobook into the catalogue. After that, another volunteer will create an image for the catalogue page and a pdf file for the CD case cover. That could be you if you'd like to create the CD cover for your book; here are the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785 If you would like to make the CD cover, let us know, so that we pre-claim it for you. Or, you can leave it for someone else to surprise you with their design! :mrgreen:
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 5th, 2021, 4:45 am Chapter 14 is spot-checked and PL OK!

Next, MC Phil will do some behind-the-scenes magic to get the audiobook into the catalogue. After that, another volunteer will create an image for the catalogue page and a pdf file for the CD case cover. That could be you if you'd like to create the CD cover for your book; here are the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785 If you would like to make the CD cover, let us know, so that we pre-claim it for you. Or, you can leave it for someone else to surprise you with their design! :mrgreen:
Wow! How exciting! I like surprises please :P Many thanks to you and Phil. It's been an amazing journey and I thought how hard could it be? It's just reading a book, right? And, I was proven wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

It was a very enjoyable listen! Do you have plans or thoughts about a next book project? :D
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 5th, 2021, 6:55 am It was a very enjoyable listen! Do you have plans or thoughts about a next book project? :D
Thanks for your kind words! It's encouraging :D I want to do another solo and I've been searching for another book to read. Do you have a suggestion?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Since you enjoyed this book, you could check on its Gutenberg page the "similar books" link ("Readers also downloaded...") or books with the same subject :D

It's hard for me to choose, too. I spend more time choosing a book, than actually recording it :lol:
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 5th, 2021, 2:52 pm Since you enjoyed this book, you could check on its Gutenberg page the "similar books" link ("Readers also downloaded...") or books with the same subject :D

It's hard for me to choose, too. I spend more time choosing a book, than actually recording it :lol:
Thanks! I'll give that a try! :)
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

BeInspired01 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 5:15 am
Rapunzelina wrote: October 5th, 2021, 4:45 am Chapter 14 is spot-checked and PL OK!

Wow! How exciting! I like surprises please :P Many thanks to you and Phil. It's been an amazing journey and I thought how hard could it be? It's just reading a book, right? And, I was proven wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Rapunzelina, I'm wondering if any volunteer is working on the CD cover and when is it likely for the book to be published please? Many thanks!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi! You can ask the MC Phil. Maybe he's been busy, or hasn't noticed that the book is complete and may appreciate a message. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
BeInspired01

Post by BeInspired01 »

philchenevert wrote: October 13th, 2021, 5:53 pm This book can now be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/asgard-stories-tales-from-norse-mythology-by-mary-h-foster/
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks very much Phil!