COMPLETE [SOLO-ESPAÑOL] Zaragoza - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Zaragoza, by Benito Pérez Galdós (1843 - 1920)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/zaragoza-by-benito-perez-galdos-2/

De camino a Francia, adonde es enviado en cadena de presos, Gabriel consigue escapar con algunos compañeros y librarse de su triste destino para enfrentarse a otro aún más atroz. Refugiado en Zaragoza, asistirá al segundo sitio de la ciudad por las tropas francesas. Allí será espectador en primera línea del hambre, la desesperación, la epidemia y mil y otros padecimientos más. Sólo el funesto y malhadado amor entre Agustín Montoria y Mariquilla Candiola mantiene una llama de esperanza entre tanta desdicha. (Summary by Alejandro Castillo)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra-visor/zaragoza--0/

Target completion date: 2021-08-28

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Zaragoza. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Zaragoza, by Benito Pérez Galdós. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Zaragoza, by Benito Pérez Galdós. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Zaragoza, by Benito Pérez Galdós."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: zaragoza_##_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. zaragoza_01_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I would be happy to MC this for you.

I have checked your source. For wikisource transcriptions, we need to see a scan of the cover page to verify the publication date. I can't find a scan with the link you gave.

Would you be able to read from this source? https://archive.org/details/zaragoza00prez/page/2/mode/2up

MaryAnn
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, MaryAnn :clap:

Alejandro, I'm available as DPL. This will be another exciting journey! :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Oh, qué alegría!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 15th, 2021, 3:07 pm I would be happy to MC this for you.

I have checked your source. For wikisource transcriptions, we need to see a scan of the cover page to verify the publication date. I can't find a scan with the link you gave.

Would you be able to read from this source? https://archive.org/details/zaragoza00prez/page/2/mode/2up

MaryAnn
Hi, MaryAnn. I am very happy to have you and Jasna again in this project!
Please, check this source: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/zaragoza--0/
The edition from archive doesn´t correspond to the distribution of the chapters that I have registred. That from cervantes virtual have the publication information:

http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra/zaragoza--0/

Título: Zaragoza / por B. Pérez Galdós (en formato HTML)
Autor: Pérez Galdós, Benito, 1843-1920
Publicación: Alicante : Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes, 2001
Publicación original: Madrid, Imp. de J. Noguera a cargo de M. Martínez, 1874
Notas de reproducción original: Edición digital basada en la edición de Madrid, Imp. de J. Noguera a cargo de M. Martínez, 1874. Ilustraciones de los Sres. Mélida y Lizcano a partir de la edición del T. III, Madrid, Administración de La Guirnalda y Episodios Nacionales, 1882
Idioma: español
Encabezamiento de materia:
Novela histórica española -- Siglo 19º
Nombre relacionado:
Imprenta de J. Noguera (impresor)
CDU:
821.134.2-311.6"18"
URI: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/nd/ark:/59851/bmc69724
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Hello Mary Ann,
in the precedent episodes, Napoleón en Chamartín and El 19 de marzo y el 2 de mayo, we used the wikipedia sources of the books. They have not a cover. I can't understand why for this time we can't use the same link from the wiki.
The book is the same but the number of chapters and the distribution of the text changes. I have registred all the book with 32 chapters.

Ciao!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Let's use the Cervantes source. (I wonder if wikimedia took the html text from cervantes ...)

I'll get your MW set up.

[sorry for the slow response, I was traveling ...]

MaryAnn
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Thank you, MaryAnn! :D
Jasna

Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Thank you very very much, Mary Ann!!!
Have a good travel.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

You're welcome Alejandro. Well, a good team is in place. I have no worries about this project. I think I will go take a nap. Please wake me when the project is finished and I will be happy to put it in the catalog. :lol:

MaryAnn
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 18th, 2021, 11:16 am You're welcome Alejandro. Well, a good team is in place. I have no worries about this project. I think I will go take a nap. Please wake me when the project is finished and I will be happy to put it in the catalog. :lol:

MaryAnn
We will wake you soon! Enjoy a lot! :D
Alexelmagno

Post by Alexelmagno »

Jasna, ya están listos los cinco primeros capítulos. Cuando quieras, arrancamos.
Un abrazo! :thumbs:
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Que alegria!

Zaragoza, aqui vamos!!!! :D
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Como dicen en Chile en las carreras de caballos: PAAARRRRRRRRRRRTIERON!!!!

Los Caps 1 y 2 estan PL OK. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jasna