COMPLETE The Story of Red Feather by Edward S. Ellis - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

The Story of Red Feather, by Edward S. Ellis (1840 - 1916)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-story-of-red-feather-by-edward-s-ellis/
The fierce chieftain Red Feather is leading a raiding party of Sioux across the Montana frontier, and the Clarendon homestead is directly in his path! Melville must escape the siege with his little sister Dot, and gets some unexpected help along the way. (Summary by Mira Williams)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24097

Target completion date: 2022-02-11

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

DPL for this project is silverquill.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: 0bPOj7C1
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_S._Ellis (Edward S. Ellis)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 12
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Mira Williams
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: Native American, frontier

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Story of Red Feather. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Story of Red Feather, by Edward S. Ellis. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Story of Red Feather, by Edward S. Ellis. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Story of Red Feather, by Edward S. Ellis."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: storyofredfeather_##_ellis_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. storyofredfeather_01_ellis_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Miruvor on September 28th, 2021, 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:thumbs: Mira
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Mira! I can MC this one for you! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you! But, first, you have some homework to do.

You need to access the workflow system, which powers the MW, for the first time. This doc tells you how to do that. You will need to do this as soon as possible. You are your own BC, so you are responsible for filling in the section titles and for pasting the links that the upload creates in the correct places. Let me know when you have access, or if you have any problems!

We will wait here a couple of days to see if we can pick up a DPL. Because you are a new soloist, it might take a little bit of time. Feel free to start recording your sections and uploading them to my folder. If people see that you are recording, then they will take this project on!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

icequeen wrote: August 13th, 2021, 5:20 pm Moving on to Going Solo!
Great! Thanks! I should have the first file posted by next Friday. I'm working on a few other librivox commitments first before I get wrapped up in this and forget about them :roll: :lol:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No problem, take your time!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

icequeen wrote: August 13th, 2021, 8:16 pm No problem, take your time!
I just realized that the link I provided for this book goes directly to the HTML online content, but the other projects I've worked on go to a selection page for different formats. Is it proper protocol to click Edit for the first post and change the link? Or is there a better way to do that?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Miruvor88 wrote: August 17th, 2021, 3:02 pm
icequeen wrote: August 13th, 2021, 8:16 pm No problem, take your time!
I just realized that the link I provided for this book goes directly to the HTML online content, but the other projects I've worked on go to a selection page for different formats. Is it proper protocol to click Edit for the first post and change the link? Or is there a better way to do that?
You can use the Edit button on your post, absolutely! And, I did see that the link goes directly to the text, but changed it in the backroom already so that it goes to the main book page on PG. You can leave it as it is, or you can change it, since it is just the project thread.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Perfect, thanks! I'll go ahead and change it to help out future PLers!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Glad to jump in as DPL for this solo.
I enjoy your reading.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

silverquill wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 10:54 am Glad to jump in as DPL for this solo.
I enjoy your reading.
Great! Thanks! I'll note it in the first post. Ann, is there anything else I need to do to make it official?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Miruvor88 wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 11:30 am
silverquill wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 10:54 am Glad to jump in as DPL for this solo.
I enjoy your reading.
Great! Thanks! I'll note it in the first post. Ann, is there anything else I need to do to make it official?
All that needs to be done is for me to give Larry access to the MW, which is now done! Thanks Larry!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

First 2 chapters, all ready to go for PL!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I have these downloaded.
Tomorrow is a long day of flying back home, but I will get to these soon, maybe 30,000 feet up!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Well I hope these will make half an hour of your flight a little more enjoyable. :D Thanks and safe travels!