[Complete] Short Science Fiction Collection 081-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Doctorwho6 wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:23 am Hi, Amy, my name is Shannon not Sharon 🤗. Thank you for the prompt attention to my submission!

Apologies if this is not the correct forum to make this inquiry but reading through previous post replies here it occured to me..should I have checked to see if my submission is in the public domain in Canada, where I am located?

Generally, thanks to mutual rules between Canada and USA I have noticed that the vast majority of works in public domain in USA are considered so in Canada as well but in this case I don't know. Is there any web site that I can look at?

Thank you kindly.
Sorry about that, Shannon! Here is a bit about Canada's public domain stance. https://library.ryerson.ca/copyright/files/2013/07/CanadianPublicDomainFlowchart.pdf
I'm not a lawyer. It gets pretty convoluted to me. I hope that helps.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote: September 7th, 2021, 2:45 am Sorry, became caught up with things.

As there are still gaps left, I would like to submit 'Against the Stone Beasts' by James Blish. It's about seventy minutes long. I will do it today to make sure I actually do it this time. I think that's too long for one track if I remember. There is a simple cut-off point at just over the half hour mark, Chapter 1: 19, 2:13------3:34. How many tracks would you like?
Hi,
If it is 70 then it is fine to remain as 1 file. If not the 2 track plan looks good.
Cheers!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Doctorwho6

Post by Doctorwho6 »

Sorry about that, Shannon! Here is a bit about Canada's public domain stance. https://library.ryerson.ca/copyright/files/2013/07/CanadianPublicDomainFlowchart.pdf
I'm not a lawyer. It gets pretty convoluted to me. I hope that helps.
Thanks,
-Amy
[/quote]

No worries, Amy, thanks for the link. You are right...convoluted doesn't begin to describe that! :shock:

Is there any process I should know once my files are submitted? Or just await it to be proof-listened? I assume it's then posted, if no issues are found?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Shannon,
I just needed to proof listen. Sorry it took so long. I enjoyed your reading.
There 2 updates needed. It is at 95 db and should be near 89. And it could use 1 second of silence at the beginning. If you could change the file ending to kb that would be good.
Please make the edit and reupload the recording.
Thanks!
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Vmead,
Your story is PL OK.
Thank you for it!
-Amy
Doctorwho6

Post by Doctorwho6 »

alg1001 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 4:32 pm Hi Shannon,
I just needed to proof listen. Sorry it took so long. I enjoyed your reading.
There 2 updates needed. It is at 95 db and should be near 89. And it could use 1 second of silence at the beginning. If you could change the file ending to kb that would be good.
Please make the edit and reupload the recording.
Thanks!
-Amy
No worries, I just wasn't sure of the process beyond files being uploaded...total 'noob' :)

I use SoundForge, so the db balance isn't exact, but I hopefully have adjusted it to 89 now. Everything else is also adjusted, please let me know if it's suitable, and thank you for listening to my work.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/thedaytimestoppedmoving_buckner_sml_128k
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It is PL OK now.
Thank you, Shannon!
-Amy
Doctorwho6

Post by Doctorwho6 »

alg1001 wrote: September 9th, 2021, 10:48 am It is PL OK now.
Thank you, Shannon!
-Amy
Much appreciated, Amy, thanks :D
mohamediqbalp

Post by mohamediqbalp »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

mohamediqbalp wrote: September 9th, 2021, 6:46 pm One minute test
Mohamed Iqbal Pallipurath
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneMinuteTest_Mohamed_Iqbal_Pallipurath.mp3
Hi Mohamed,
Your test should be submitted in the Listeners Forum, but I have looked at it. There are technical issues.
1. The Bit-rate should be 128kb.
2. it must be a Constant Bit-rate.
3. And there is a large volume of background noise. The file needs to be noise-cleaned. If there are any white noise generators in your recording area, turn them off or move away from them.

Please work on these issues and resubmit it.
Good luck.
-Amy
mohamediqbalp

Post by mohamediqbalp »

Thanks
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

In case the notice on the opening post was overlooked--

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed.

The project will be in the catalog soon enough. Please wait until then to share it.
yogster

Post by yogster »

Hi Amy,

I'd like to claim The Fourth Invasion By Robert W Lowndes from the Science Fiction Short Stories page on Librivox. The Gutenberg file is https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23099 Approx reading time is18 minutes.

This will be my first actual story for Librivox although I also did a poem as well.

I will post the finished file as instructed.

Thank you!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Yogster,
That story will be good for this collection.
Cheers,
-Amy
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_stonebeasts_blish_eab_128kb.mp3

Came in at about 64 minutes, so I made it into one track.

'Against the Stone Beasts' by James Blish. Stick me in as my name: 'Edmund Bloxam'.

I don't know how much space is left on this collection. I have two more stories. They go pretty well together. I can wait for the next collection if there isn't.