[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 6 March 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenYL

Post by jenYL »

Kitty wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 12:30 am
jenYL wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 6:58 amSo sorry it took so long. Section 1 recording has finally arrived: Running time 39:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0206mar1897_1_various_128kb.mp3
This was my first time recording for a piece this long, so any feedback is a huge welcome!
wow what an interesting plot ! I always love intrigues which involve mesmerising. :9: Professor Zeno was really evil ! This would have made a cool movie.

Nice narration, I really enjoyed listening to it all and you have a good voice for recording. :thumbs: Looking forward to hearing you in another project any time.

Now I still have a few small edits to request. The list may seem long but most of it is quickly corrected. Only seven parts of sentences need re-recording, the rest is only cuttings.

A few notes are about the lengthy silence you sometimes have between sentences. Anything over 2 seconds feels very long for a listener to wait for the story to continue. I always recommend staying under 1.5, even between paragraphs that is enough silence. At least try to stay under 2 seconds. I pointed out those silences that really feel too long, which was mainly at the beginning of your narration, later on it's more fluent. You only have to correct those I mention below, the other silences are ok as they are.

I would recommend starting with the final PL note and working your way up to the first, that way the time stamps will stay the same for you and you won't have trouble finding the spots.

Please be aware that you need not re-record it all again, which is too much work for both you and me. Only re-record the snippets of sentences which have errors in them, and copy them in the right spot. :)

Here is what needs correcting:

> for the intro silence, we recommend about 0.5 to 1 second (maximum) you have over 3 seconds, which really feels long for a listener to wait for the recording to start. I would cut this down by 2 seconds

> from 0:28 to 0:30: between "read by Yaelin Lee" and "the black cat" - long silence

> from 2:45 to 2:48: (p. 2) between "under any emergency" and "who would think" - long silence

> from 3:00 to 3:02: (p. 2) between "ordinary difficulties" and "professor Zeno was said" - long silence

> at 4:15: (p. 2) stumble and repeat, can be cut once: "that inspired the ma-"

> from 4:46 to 4:48: (p. 2) between "the circle to appear" and "thus, when Elizabeth's soul" - long silence

> at 6:20: (p. 3) "and still scintillating" – you say "skin-tillating" (the 'c' should not be voiced --> sin-tillating) later on you say it correctly

> at 7:33: (p. 3) "which is to come off tomorrow night" – this part appears later but at this point it's not at all in the text - it should be cut out

> at 14:16: (p. 6) "she distinctly heard a low" – you say "he"

> at 16:30: (p. 6-7) after "surged through her brain", nine lines are missing: from "Nor did this feeling disappear..." till "he would play to her", and then it starts again with "a presto in F, by Moschelles"

> from 18:38 to 18:40: (p. 7) between "like a double star" and "very seldom is born" - long silence

> at 21:28: (p. 8) "her bared brown head" – you say "broad"

> at 22:16: (p. 9) "only the evening before, she had bade him Godspeed" – you say "her had bade him Godspent"

> at 37:46: (p. 14) "which signifies her lover's triumph" – you say "his"

> at 38:26: (p.14) the Swedish national hymn" – you say "haym" – it should be pronounced exactly like the pronoun "him"

I hope you can find the time to do the edits soon, since we are near completion :9: If anything is unclear or you need further help, please let me know immediately.

Thank you

Sonia
Thank you for all the feedback! I will make sure to complete them by this weekend at the latest.

Regards,
Jenna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jenYL wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 5:49 amI will make sure to complete them by this weekend at the latest.
:9: thank you, that would be super

Sonia
jenYL

Post by jenYL »

The section 1 edit is complete! it is now at 39:31

Hopefully, that will tick all the boxes :D

Thank you so much for your patience

Regards,
Jen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jenYL wrote: September 24th, 2021, 9:00 amThe section 1 edit is complete! it is now at 39:31
Hopefully, that will tick all the boxes :D
all boxes ticked !!! Wonderful edits, thank you, Jen. :9: It's PL ok now.

Which means the project is ready to be catalogued. I had great fun listening to all the wonderfully narrated stories in this collection, so thank you for all the enthusiastic readers from this batch: Jen, Sarah, Greg, Alan and Julie. :clap:

For the curious, these are the little teasers I came up with for each story. I hope you like yours:
The Stolen Melody: a ruthless pianist tries to win the music award through evil manipulation
The Bramble Gift Trust: Nannie Burns has assembled a very unusual collection of souvenirs
The Parchment Slave: find out what really happened to the last will of Mr Boise
Monsieur Angot: let yourself be instructed by the musings and philosophies of a French parrot
The Ivory Bells: a young woman hopes to find out that Love is not only attracted by lovely baubles
Launching cataloguing now. Will post link once it's through.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And we're finished:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-06-mar1897-by-various/

Moving to Completed Projects now :)

Sonia