COMPLETE[PLAY]The Freaks by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 is ready for Final PL. It did fit within one file - but Act 2 will require 2 files....

I think you all sound wonderful together!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 4:44 pmAct 1 is ready for Final PL. It did fit within one file - but Act 2 will require 2 files....
what mayhem once the special guests have arrived ! :lol: wonderfully acted by all and excellently edited together. The hour just flew away, it doesn't have any lengths.

Looking forward to the next act. Apparently there was a curtain twice in Act 2, so the author split it even in three parts.

Thank you ! Absolutely PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad you liked Act 1. It only gets better from there!.

Hmmm. Three parts for Act 2? Makes sense to break at the brief curtain drops but the result would be three short files compared with the over-an-hour-long Acts 1 and 3. I was going for two files that would be longer. Also, the curtain drop text is not necessarily written well for ending or starting of files....

I'll see as I continue working slowly through the act in my grooming. Pinero's putting a stage direction in for nearly every line is sometimes infuriating.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2021, 3:45 amthe result would be three short files compared with the over-an-hour-long Acts 1 and 3. I was going for two files that would be longer.
yes I wasn't suggesting you should do this, unless the file would be long enough for three breaks. But 2 will probably be enough.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There is a good break point at the very bottom of page 116 that is my current plan. That'll give 50 minutes and 60 minutes for the two files - though my draft gets a bit shorter as I stack thinks up where multiple people speak and eliminate really unnecessary stage directions.... I'll see.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 Part 1 is ready for Final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:17 amAct 2 Part 1 is ready for Final PL.
more dialogues, less mayhem and a bit more gloomy atmosphere. I think you made a good cut here, is this nearly the middle of the act ? I am really looking forward to the Macbeth scene, which again will be powerfully slapstic :lol:

Excellent editing job once again, Todd. Nothing to comment on, all perfectly PL ok :)

Thanks

Enough for today ! Need a rest.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 Part 2 is ready for final PL.

Desperate times. The Macbeth scenes come across not so much slapstick as a damning indictment of the beliefs and behavior of Sir Norton and Lady Ball-Jennings. Pinero is not necessarily very subtle....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 7th, 2021, 3:41 pmAct 2 Part 2 is ready for final PL.
Desperate times. The Macbeth scenes come across not so much slapstick as a damning indictment of the beliefs and behavior of Sir Norton and Lady Ball-Jennings. Pinero is not necessarily very subtle....
yes they are definitely a trial on the whole group. :lol: Still I find there is a comedy factor in the whole scene.

Anyway, another awesomely well-performed act and perfectly edited together again. Now looking forward to the finale. :9:

PL ok.

Thank you

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: October 8th, 2021, 12:12 am
ToddHW wrote: October 7th, 2021, 3:41 pmAct 2 Part 2 is ready for final PL.
yes they are definitely a trial on the whole group. :lol: Still I find there is a comedy factor in the whole scene.
I didn't really see Sir Norton as a comic character, more an unpleasant pain in the **** (neck) :evil:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 is ready for final PL and we will be done.

I really liked Lady Ball-Jennings "smiling benignly upon the little people" and then later Julie pointing out "Ef ol' man Boscovitz c'd jes' git 'em over ter the other side [America]"

Quite a play, and you have all provided a wonderful performance. Thank you also to Kitty for her DPL - hope she doesn't think of us as the little people!!

More Pinero will come.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 9th, 2021, 8:31 amAct 3 is ready for final PL and we will be done.
:clap: wonderful, the final act is really crammed full of diverse interactions and dialogues, it's interested how each reacts to the other here. :thumbs:

Another tour de force to edit this monster together, Todd. Bravo !

Just a small detail, you left out "End of Act 3". Was that an oversight or on purpose ? :hmm: The rest would be totally fine.

Thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Whoops. Added it in; ready for final spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 11th, 2021, 4:04 am Whoops. Added it in; ready for final spot PL.
yep and now PL ok :)

This can get catalogued :clap: another great Pinero in the box. Looking forward to the next one

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging.

Thanks, Todd