COMPLETE [Science Fiction] Exile from Space by Judith Merril - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Exile from Space, by Judith Merril (1923 - 1997)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/exile-from-space-by-judith-merril/

Volunteers outside the USA: Judith Merril died in 1997. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
“Who was this strange girl who had been born in this place—and still it wasn't her home? ‘They’ worried about the impression she'd make”. “They” worried she would go and never come back. She was returning to a place that was not hers, with ways of living she didn’t understand. “They” failed to prepare her for what happened. (Summary by Jenn Broda and The Author)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/31661

Target completion date: 2021-08-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Science Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: alien abduction, sci fi

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Part # of Exile from Space. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Exile from Space, by Judith Merril. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Part # of Exile from Space, by Judith Merril. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"Part #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Exile from Space, by Judith Merril."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: exilefromspace_##_merril_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. exilefromspace_01_merril_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by jennlea on July 11th, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

If you don't have a DPL lined up, I'd be glad to volunteer.
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

silverquill wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:34 pm If you don't have a DPL lined up, I'd be glad to volunteer.
Thank you, Larry! That would be wonderful! The job is yours :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Enjoy.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thank you! I think we are all set!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving topic to Going Solo forum.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Larry- Are you going to be following along with the text? If so, I have separated the text out into 8 parts. Would it be helpful for you if I left notes in the MW where each part/section will begin and end?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennlea wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:41 pm Larry- Are you going to be following along with the text? If so, I have separated the text out into 8 parts. Would it be helpful for you if I left notes in the MW where each part/section will begin and end?
I usually don't for these types of solo projects, unless you particularly need me to.
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

silverquill wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:48 pm I usually don't for these types of solo projects, unless you particularly need me to.
Nope, I don’t need you to :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

First 2 sections are up in the MW!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennlea wrote: July 13th, 2021, 7:22 am First 2 sections are up in the MW!
They are both PL OK!
What a great start. :)
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Couple more are ready for PLing when you are :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennlea wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:01 pm Couple more are ready for PLing when you are :)
3 and 4 are both PL OK. :lol:
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Section 5 is ready for PL! Our mysterious lady has her date with Larry. I am beginning to wonder if he suspects something...
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Whew! All my DPL projects are springing to life.
Leaving for a about a 10-day trip Thursday.
I'm hoping I can do some listening on the plane....
~ Larry