COMPLETE [SOLO/RELIGION] Two Godly and Learned Sermons, by John Calvin-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Two Godly and Learned Sermons, by John Calvin (1509 - 1564), translated by Robert Horne (1510 - 1579)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/two-godly-and-learned-sermons-by-john-calvin/
Two godly and learned sermons, made by that famous and worthy instrument in God's church, John Calvin. Which sermons were long since translated out of Latin into English, by Robert Horne late Bishop of Winchester, at what time he suffered exile from his country, for the testimony of a good conscience, as his Apology in the beginning of the book will witness. And because these sermons have long lain hidden in silence, and many godly and religious persons, have been very desirous of them: at their earnest request they are now published. (Summary from Title Page)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=eebo;idno=A17725.0001.001

Target completion date: 2021-06-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Two Godly and Learned Sermons. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Two Godly and Learned Sermons, by John Calvin, translated by Robert Horne. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Two Godly and Learned Sermons, by John Calvin, translated by Robert Horne. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Two Godly and Learned Sermons, by John Calvin, translated by Robert Horne."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: twogodlyandlearnedsermons_##_calvin_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. twogodlyandlearnedsermons_01_calvin_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

ITD,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
I've spent some time on the text creation partnership website led by University of Michigan and from all appearances, this appears to be an accurate transcription of a PD book and UMich indicates the transcription is also PD. So this appears to be an obscure, but acceptable PD source for LV.
MaryAnn
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:33 pm ITD,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
I've spent some time on the text creation partnership website led by University of Michigan and from all appearances, this appears to be an accurate transcription of a PD book and UMich indicates the transcription is also PD. So this appears to be an obscure, but acceptable PD source for LV.
MaryAnn
Thanks MaryAnn! I learned from this project the obscure skill of fluently reading Early Modern English so I feel it's my duty to liberate some of the TCP texts that many people would find hard to read. I was particularly excited to read Calvin's treatise against astrology for this project from the TCP website which has been all but forgotton for hundreds of years. :)
ecr24

Post by ecr24 »

Hi there,

Just found this on the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" page! Any chance I could be the DPL please? Thank you :)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Of course! Listen away!

I'll add you to the MW so you can update the PL status as you go.

MaryAnn
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ecr24 wrote: June 29th, 2021, 1:08 pm Hi there,

Just found this on the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" page! Any chance I could be the DPL please? Thank you :)
Be my guest!
ecr24

Post by ecr24 »

Amazing, thank you!

I'll get started on this over the weekend and should have it finished by the end of next week!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ecr24 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 12:03 pm Amazing, thank you!

I'll get started on this over the weekend and should have it finished by the end of next week!
Just checking if this went ok. You don't have to follow along in the text (which is quite hard to read!).
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

ITD,
On section 2,
Please check at 16.06 for a repeat "and also to judge it ..."

At the end, "end of section 2" is repeated.

M.A.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:28 am ITD,
On section 2,
Please check at 16.06 for a repeat "and also to judge it ..."

At the end, "end of section 2" is repeated.

M.A.
Spot checks at 16:05 and 51:11.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

#97 this month ...

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/two-godly-and-learned-sermons-by-john-calvin/