[COMPLETE] Examining the US Capitol Attack - cmm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Examining the U.S. Capitol Attack, by U.S. Senate

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/examining-the-us-capitol-attack-by-united-states-senate/

A joint bipartisan report by the U.S. Senate Committees on Homeland Security and Rules and Administration, addressing security, planning, and response by the U.S. Capitol Police, the Capitol Police Board, the FBI, and Departments of Homeland Security and Defense to the events of January 6, 2021, in and around the U.S. Capitol Building. (Summary by Joanne Turner)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.rules.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Jan%206%20HSGAC%20Rules%20Report.pdf

Target completion date: 2021-12-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History/Modern (20th C)

Keywords that describe the book: these will be sent before cataloging.

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Examining the U.S. Capitol Attack. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Examining the U.S. Capitol Attack, by U.S. Senate. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Examining the U.S. Capitol Attack, by U.S. Senate. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Examining the U.S. Capitol Attack, by U.S. Senate."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: examiningtheuscapitolattack_##_ussenate_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. examiningtheuscapitolattack_01_ussenate_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: ColleenMc

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Hello,

I am available for DPL if you don't already have someone in the role.

Thank you.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

That would be great! Thanks much,

Joanne
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I can MC this. Be back shortly with the MW.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

MW is ready!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Note: I changed the URL for the PDF of the report to the official government one here: https://www.rules.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Jan%206%20HSGAC%20Rules%20Report.pdf

The document cloud link appears to the exact same report, just stored there by the Associated Press, but I wanted to make sure that the text link would be as permanent as possible.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Looks like we are good here, so off to Going Solo!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Thanks much, Colleen! I'm planning to get started next week, just waiting to make sure that another project is successfully validated and catalogued.

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

The Executive Summary is posted for your PL-ing!

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

jhturner wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:03 am The Executive Summary is posted for your PL-ing!

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
All is well. PL status changed to "OK".

On a personal note, my heart beat just a little faster reading along :shock:
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Sections 1 and 2 are posted for you. I split the portion of the report detailing the attack itself into a separate section and that's next up.

Thanks for listening,

Joanne

(Still can't quite believe I watched the whole thing on live TV.)
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

jhturner wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:09 am Sections 1 and 2 are posted for you. I split the portion of the report detailing the attack itself into a separate section and that's next up.

Thanks for listening,

Joanne

(Still can't quite believe I watched the whole thing on live TV.)
All is well. PL status changed to "OK". Bracing for the next section 😬
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

The next two sections are ready for you.

Thanks for listening!

Joanne
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

jhturner wrote: June 28th, 2021, 6:20 am The next two sections are ready for you.

Thanks for listening!

Joanne
Very good. All is well. PL status changed to 'PL OK'

Listening to the statement about the officer who walked through afterwards and described all that lay on the ground - such odds and ends, like socks and shoes and money and phones make me think how does a person come to lose these items that are so personal and the most noticed kinds of losses on any other day? The only answer I can imagine is something I can't even conjure in my imagination and that is a kind of 'frenzy' that makes the loss of these things trivial compared to what is believed to be the greater loss, depending on the items owners' point of view.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

That is indeed a puzzle. I can imagine officers and rioters both stripping off clothes because of the tear gas, pepper spray, and bear spray. I suppose the other things just got lost in the chaos and left behind as the building was eventually cleared?