COMPLETE: The Lady in Blue by Auguste Groner, translated by Grace Isabel Colborn -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

only one small omission in Chapter 7:

> at 4:29: (p. 96) "Detective ? – Is, is there..." – you forgot to say "Detective" astonished, but it's optional as it doesn't change the text significantly whether she says it or not. I only mention it for completeness' sake.

The rest is perfect as always.

Thank you, and have a nice weekend.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for catching that, Sonia. I will definitely fix it. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Section 8 is ready for PL and 7 is updated for spot PL.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. We had to have a plumber out to fix a leaking water heater. :(
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: June 19th, 2021, 9:55 pmSection 8 is ready for PL and 7 is updated for spot PL.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend. We had to have a plumber out to fix a leaking water heater. :(
my weekend was quiet. No plumbers needed. I hope all is fixed in your house now.

Chapter 7 is PL ok now.

But there's another small omission in Chapter 8. Astonishingly, it happened at the exact same time stamp than last time :shock: mere coincidence or is there a jump in your program which happens after about 4 and a half minutes of recording ? :hmm:

> at 4:28: (p. 115) "But you will see very soon, said Sennfeld, looking at the old detective" – you forgot "said Sennfeld", which makes the verb sound a bit incomplete if there is no noun accompanying it.

Still interesting...Tony is suspicious, but I go with Mueller, there must be another man involved and maybe she was helping him.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I think I must be recording (or editing) too late at night...anyway chapter 8 is fixed and uploaded for spot PL. Chapter 9 is recorded will hopefully be up sometime tomorrow. :)
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: June 21st, 2021, 10:17 pmchapter 8 is fixed and uploaded for spot PL.
and Spot PL ok :)

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks. Chapter 9 uploaded. Hopefully I managed not to leave anything out of this one!!
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah new clues show up. And yes, another person returning while the woman was dead already, that was my guess too so far

I found two small deviations, both could be optional but sound a little bit odd in context, but I let you decide whether you think it's necessary to change:

> at 8:36: (p. 142) "oh no, she waited for the glass" – you said "she stayed". - a bit more odd than the usual expression

> at 11:31: (p. 144) "nonsense, she replied angrily" – you say "she repeated". Wouldn't matter too much, but this was the first time she said this word, so "repeat" is a bit strange

The rest is flawless :)

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks for the careful PLing, Sonia. Chapter 9 is ready for spot PL.
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: June 24th, 2021, 9:28 pm Thanks for the careful PLing, Sonia. Chapter 9 is ready for spot PL.
great editing and PL ok now :) Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

You too. :)

I've uploaded Chapter 10.
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 10 perfectly PL ok. The plot thickens, now we know that Elise Lehman returned earlier to the house. I suspect Tony may have been the sister or some other family tie to the murderer...strange that the detective wouldn't think of that possibility.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks. Yes, I'm thinking something along those lines too.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Chapter 11 is ready for PL. Just to let you know, the next chapter won't be ready for a couple of days. Real life stuff to take care of...
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I was wondering when Muller would start for Venice :lol: This guy must be involved somehow. Chapter 11 is also PL ok. :thumbs:

Good luck with your personal stuff...hopefully nothing unpleasant. I'll be hear for when you come back

Sonia