[COMPLETE] Nostromo (Version 2) - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have now uploaded the final two sections:
Section 33: https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/nostromo_33_conrad_128kb.mp3 (44:40)
Section 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/nostromo_34_conrad_128kb.mp3 (40:59)
And can I just say thank you, Joseph Conrad, wherever you may be, for this magnificent novel, which it has been my great privilege to be able to to read aloud from beginning to end on Librivox. :clap:
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Just to let you know, I’m in a workshop this week and it might take me until the weekend to PL these last sections. I’m looking forward to hearing the final chapters :D
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of section 32 is okay. I can’t update the MW from my phone and will do so when I’m back home.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Hi Susanne, thanks for keeping me in the loop. You did explain you would be tied up until the weekend. Not a problem at all!
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of section 33 is ok and I've marked the MW.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Hello Peter,
can you please check around
9:07 when you recorded this paragraph twice: “No,” the old man interrupted. “But son Gian’ Battista told me—quite of himself—that the cowardly esclavo was drinking and gambling with the rascals of Zapiga, over there on the north side of the gulf. He may get some of the worst scoundrels of that scoundrelly town of negroes to help him in his attempt upon the little one. . . . But I am not so old. No!”

and 33:53 when you recorded twice "Dr. Monygham, going out in the police-galley to the islands"...

That is the end of Nostromo which I enjoyed very much. I had expected more political intrigue and revolution but it was nevertheless a good story.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:27 am Hello Peter,
can you please check around
9:07 when you recorded this paragraph twice: “No,” the old man interrupted. “But son Gian’ Battista told me—quite of himself—that the cowardly esclavo was drinking and gambling with the rascals of Zapiga, over there on the north side of the gulf. He may get some of the worst scoundrels of that scoundrelly town of negroes to help him in his attempt upon the little one. . . . But I am not so old. No!”

and 33:53 when you recorded twice "Dr. Monygham, going out in the police-galley to the islands"...

That is the end of Nostromo which I enjoyed very much. I had expected more political intrigue and revolution but it was nevertheless a good story.
Thank goodness you picked up both of those! Sloppy work on my part, I must say...

I have edited section 34 and have uploaded a new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/nostromo_34_conrad_128kb.mp3 (40:30).

The new file is 29 seconds shorter than the original, faulty version. To spotcheck these edits, I suggest you listen for the first correction from 9:00 to 9:40, and for the second correction from 33:20 to 33:45.

I'm glad you enjoyed the novel. I've now read through it several times over the course of a lifetime, and I think I've got more out of it each time. Even the ending, which in the past I've felt dropped away somewhat, I appreciated more this time, reading it aloud.

Big pat on the back to you, Susanne. You've listened to Nostromo across half of Europe!
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of the final section is now ok.

I was quite glad for these mishaps! Otherwise you might wonder if I'm listening properly 8-) . I've added Nostromo to my reading list and think the story might leave different impressions when I read it.
==========
Susanne
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Off to cataloging.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Section 16 is not in my folder on the server. No idea what happened but need you to reupload the file. Thanks.
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

craigdav1 wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:49 am Section 16 is not in my folder on the server. No idea what happened but need you to reupload the file. Thanks.
Thanks Craig. No idea here either.
I have now uploaded section 16 again: https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/nostromo_16_conrad_128kb.mp3 (33:15)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

THANKS! Back to cataloging.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/nostromo-version-2-by-joseph-conrad/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Thanks so much, Craig. Very speedy work indeed - 0% fuss, 100% competence and grace! :D

And to Susanne: it's been quite an epic, this one, and you've stuck to the task really wonderfully. So grateful to have your kind and steady assistance? :clap: :clap: