[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 15 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 7:29 amAt 8:44, you pronounce "unscathed" with a short a, but it is generally with a long a. In other words, unscathed would rhyme with unbathed. I did check around for alternatives but didn't find them. At 13:08, you pronounce "ere" like ear, but it should be like air. I did find some slight variations of ere as air, but nowhere did I find ere as ear.
:shock: wow, ok "unscathed" is rather an unusual word which I may only ever have encountered in written text, but I can't believe I've never heard "ere" before in my PL jobs :lol: Thank you for pointing these out, I am always thrilled if I can improve my pronunciation. "ere" pronounced as "air" makes actually the connection to the German word "eher" which also means "before". Should have given me a clue.

I corrected both parts, at 8:44 I only replaced the word "unscathed" and at 13:08 I re-recorded the part "ere Homer sang" because it was too difficult to just insert "ere". The rest stays the same.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0115_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 14:23 min.

Hope it's more understandable now. Thanks !!!

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Perfect. You are PL 0K! Have a good day--a little rhyme. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 19th, 2021, 3:39 am Perfect. You are PL 0K! Have a good day--a little rhyme. Jim :D
8-) thank you, Jim, then I'll proceed to cataloguing now.

A big thanks to all the readers helping me bring this issue to life: Alan, Jim, Adam, Adrian, Scott and Kathleen :clap:

Will post the link once it's in.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/rover-01-15-by-various/

moving to Completed...

see you in future Rovers maybe

Sonia