[COMPLETE] Mozart's Youth, by Franz Hoffmann, translated by George P. Upton - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JHedrick wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:52 pm Hi Larry,

I can do the appendix if you want. Would that also include the footnotes?
Oh, that would be great, thank you!

It is short, just the chronology, and NO footnotes.
Do remember to add the end of book blurb since it is the last section.

And, with that, Michael can move us to Readers Found. :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Moved! :)

Michael
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

musicalmorsels wrote: May 20th, 2021, 8:09 pm Here is the edited version of Chapter 3 (18:40)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/mozartsyouth_03_hoffman_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
I've marked this Ready for Spot PL

While Michael's remarks are well taken, there still may be times when a section may need a new recording. Usually the PL notes will indicate this, or you may ask the PL for recommendations. If there are things that can't be corrected by editing just portions, then that may be necessary. But, as mentioned, just check with the PL.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

This is up Ready for PL.

Thank you!
~ Larry
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

silverquill wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:28 am
musicalmorsels wrote: May 20th, 2021, 8:09 pm Here is the edited version of Chapter 3 (18:40)

Thank you!
I've marked this Ready for Spot PL

While Michael's remarks are well taken, there still may be times when a section may need a new recording. Usually the PL notes will indicate this, or you may ask the PL for recommendations. If there are things that can't be corrected by editing just portions, then that may be necessary. But, as mentioned, just check with the PL.
Hi Larry,
I'm sorry for the confusion. When I mentioned "edited" I definitely rerecorded small sections that were almost impossible to just edit. So I would just rerecord a sentence or a phrase that had some small pause at either end. Usually I would rerecord the phrase that the PL mentions in the post. Is that the correct protocol you are mentioning?

I also noticed that the minutes and seconds was off by 9 seconds? I clicked on the link you posted just to be sure and it's coming up as 18:39 for me.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Joanna,

Absolutely amazing correcting. All of your corrections were absolutely seamless. Great job!

Chapter 3 is a very PLOK :thumbs:

One minor note. According to my Audacity and also Checker, the time of the recording is 18:42. Don't worry about it, I will fix the MW. :D

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Joanna,

Another great job. Just a few minor corrections:

3:50.5 And so you are the little piano-player of whom we have heard so much,” You left out the word 'so'.

12:39.5 until at last you reach the very summit of your art.” You said least

16:38.5 Thereupon he took leave with a stiff bow You added “his” between took and leave Your call

18:10.75 and superb displays of flowers in vases of the most exquisite designs, You said “flower”. Not much difference, so your call. (Unless someone thought flour. :roll: )

18:20.5 There is a pause between above and shed that if you just cut out the pause between them, the flow would be much better. It wouldn't sound like a stumble.

23:26 The little archduchesses Elizabeth and Marie Antoinette, You said archduchess

One other thing I might mention. It is not worth a change, but in future recordings, something to think about. Sometimes you say Chapelmaster and sometimes Chapelmeister. It would probably be good to keep it with Chapelmaster, as that is how it is translated, but I am sure you are correct that meister was probably in the original German (Kappellmeister).

Looking forward to more. :D

Wayne
Wayne
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Kalamareader wrote: May 21st, 2021, 3:38 pm
Joanna,

Another great job. Just a few minor corrections:

3:50.5 And so you are the little piano-player of whom we have heard so much,” You left out the word 'so'.

12:39.5 until at last you reach the very summit of your art.” You said least

16:38.5 Thereupon he took leave with a stiff bow You added “his” between took and leave Your call

18:10.75 and superb displays of flowers in vases of the most exquisite designs, You said “flower”. Not much difference, so your call. (Unless someone thought flour. :roll: )

18:20.5 There is a pause between above and shed that if you just cut out the pause between them, the flow would be much better. It wouldn't sound like a stumble.

23:26 The little archduchesses Elizabeth and Marie Antoinette, You said archduchess

One other thing I might mention. It is not worth a change, but in future recordings, something to think about. Sometimes you say Chapelmaster and sometimes Chapelmeister. It would probably be good to keep it with Chapelmaster, as that is how it is translated, but I am sure you are correct that meister was probably in the original German (Kappellmeister).

Looking forward to more. :D

Wayne
Thank you Wayne! I'll get those corrections in and hopefully another chapter in later tonight. My familiarity with German text musical training roots definitely subconsciously kick in when it comes to pronunciations of words pertaining to Western Art Music. I'll keep that in mind for future chapters.
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

musicalmorsels wrote: May 21st, 2021, 11:43 pm Corrected version of Chapter 4 (27:00)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/mozartsyouth_04_hoffman_128kb.mp3
MW updated and Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
This one is up and Ready for PL.
~ Larry
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

JHedrick wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 6:45 am Appendix done - [2:27]

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/mozartsyouth_08_hoffmann_128kb.mp3
Outstanding job! The only correction you have to make is that the 'silent' time at the beginning of the recording needs to be .5-1 second. Yours is about 2 seconds. Just that one correction, and all will be well.

One small note. Your volume is 86.6, which is within the 86-92 Librivox range, with a goal of 89. If you haven't come across it yet, a great program to help us is the Checker program (https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/). It can tell you your volume, background noise and other information.

I am looking forward to listening to more of your work. :D

Wayne
Wayne