[Complete] Poems - Jenkins - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Thank you, Pam and Lynne, for all your effort! This author deserves not to be forgotten, and you've worked hard to ensure that she isn't.

Lynne, I am not quite sure what has happened with the etext but if I can help please say so!

Anne, she definitely doesn't have a wiki page. She died aged 26, hadn't published lots and I suspect probably got forgotten amongst the thousands of WWI and influenza deaths. Her year of death was 1920, so I'm not sure why it isn't showing for you. Sometimes Hathi can be a little bit overcautious, maybe? As far as cover inspiration, the cover was fairly plain, not necessarily one that would readily adapt to a snazzy audiobook cover. There is a portrait of her (the only one I'm aware of) in this book, which is also where I got her birth and death dates. I've downloaded just that page. Can you see it here?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptOoZ7hJhT65T-4GNDN5H6uFD-xoRmtw/view?usp=sharing
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have replaced the text link in the correct place… but I don’t know how the other links got there nor how to remove them :hmm:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I fixed the individual links - it had been marked as a compilation in the template. I told Haithi when the author died so it should be visible , I'll try the google page on my real computer - added and it does . I like it :D

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Yay! You like it!

I hope your attempt with HathiTrust is successful. I've given up trying with them, but maybe it will look more official if it comes from a LV email address!
Newgatenovelist

A very big thank you to Anne for the lovely cover! Now Jenkins has gone from just another scan on the internet to having her portrait on her poems and it's GREAT!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thank you. I hoped you would like it. I couldn't quite get it all to work the way I wanted,

Anne