[Complete] The Quest of the Golden Girl by Richard le Gallienne - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

wib66 wrote: May 14th, 2021, 7:40 am I would like to PL this project please
You got it!! I look forward to working with you on this charming story.
Now, I have to get Availle to change the status in the Readers and Listeners forum(s).
THANK YOU!!!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I was gone for a few days while I had surgery, but am back now.
I have added Michele as DPL and cleaned up the subject line.
I have been told that all that work you did on the title column is superfluous... it will not show on the catalog page and may cause players to crash. All you should have is "Book 1, Ch 1-4" etc. Any other information should go in the notes column... which, as I mentioned before, doesn't get carried over.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:11 am I was gone for a few days while I had surgery, but am back now.
I have been told that all that work you did on the title column is superfluous... it will not show on the catalog page and may cause players to crash. All you should have is "Book 1, Ch 1-4" etc. Any other information should go in the notes column... which, as I mentioned before, doesn't get carried over.
Doggone it!
I ask this of you: please try to confirm that my added text in the title column is a no-no. I am asking because I really would like to entice readers to go further in the book by teasing them with the chapter titles. Is there any way to TEST?

Of course I'll skinny-them-down if necessary. But, Doggone it!

Thank you for all your MC work on this project, already.

I hope your surgery was routine and with a good outcome.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:59 am
Lynnet wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:11 am I was gone for a few days while I had surgery, but am back now.
Doggone it!
I ask this of you: please try to confirm that my added text in the title column is a no-no. I am asking because I really would like to entice readers to go further in the book by teasing them with the chapter titles. Is there any way to TEST?

Of course I'll skinny-them-down if necessary. But, Doggone it!

Thank you for all your MC work on this project, already.

I hope your surgery was routine and with a good outcome.
Thank you... it was a 3 year follow-up, following a 1 year follow-up, following a 6 month follow-up. I don't have to go back for 5 years, so I take that as a win 8-)

Here is what is going on with the titles... you definitely need to delete the page count and time from that column. They are inappropriate but could be added to the notes. As for the chapter titles, they are just too long. I'm not sure what the cutoff is but I am prepared to try and see where it gets us, knowing that I might need to run it twice (the second time, pared down). The colors are, apparently, a no-no. I didn't know this before... and according to several admins, no one has tried to add them (but according to the techie admins, it just won't work).
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: May 17th, 2021, 9:47 am

Here is what is going on with the titles... you definitely need to delete the page count and time from that column. They are inappropriate but could be added to the notes. As for the chapter titles, they are just too long. I'm not sure what the cutoff is but I am prepared to try and see where it gets us, knowing that I might need to run it twice (the second time, pared down). The colors are, apparently, a no-no. I didn't know this before... and according to several admins, no one has tried to add them (but according to the techie admins, it just won't work).
Well, hecky-darn! I'll skinny-down the titles this afternoon (1:30pm here now)

Thank you for catering to my requests. I appreciate it.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Title Column reduced and minimized.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
baifernnb

Post by baifernnb »

I would like to proof-listen to this, please. P.S I'm new to this forum so I'm wondering if I should just start from Chp1 or if I should work on specific chapters?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

baifernnb wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:08 am I would like to proof-listen to this, please. P.S I'm new to this forum so I'm wondering if I should just start from Chp1 or if I should work on specific chapters?
Thank you for this kind offer, however there are two points I need to bring up:
(1) wib66 has already asked to be the DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) for this project; and (2) your request is the very first posting you've made to Librivox. You've not even performed the 1-minute test as suggested in your Welcome To Librivox letter. Please get some experience under your belt as a narrator of Librivox projects (books, poems, short stories, etc.) as preparation for the Proof Listening function.

Again, thank you, but the fit is not good at this time.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: May 18th, 2021, 4:00 am
baifernnb wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:08 am I would like to proof-listen to this, please. P.S I'm new to this forum so I'm wondering if I should just start from Chp1 or if I should work on specific chapters?
Thank you for this kind offer, however there are two points I need to bring up:
(1) wib66 has already asked to be the DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) for this project; and (2) your request is the very first posting you've made to Librivox. You've not even performed the 1-minute test as suggested in your Welcome To Librivox letter. Please get some experience under your belt as a narrator of Librivox projects (books, poems, short stories, etc.) as preparation for the Proof Listening function.

Again, thank you, but the fit is not good at this time.
Note: some proof listeners have never recorded a section. Although I agree it is a good idea to have experience of LV, there are many ways to help out. It might be a good idea to PL one section rather than claiming a DPL position, just to see if it suits you. Also, please prepare by reading the guide to proof listening in the wiki.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 1 to 7 are PL OK thoroughly enjoying listening. :D
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

wib66 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm Sections 1 to 7 are PL OK thoroughly enjoying listening. :D
Wowie-zowie that's wonderful! Many thanks.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 8 and 9 are PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

wib66 wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:17 pm Sections 8 and 9 are PL OK
Thanks, Michele.
I very much appreciate your time and effort.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 10

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this
Michele
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

wib66 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:15 pm PL Notes for section 10

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this
Uploaded fixed Section 10 changed status to PL OK for this simple fix.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/questofthegoldengirl_10_legallienne_128kb.mp3 46.48
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison