[Complete] The Quest of the Golden Girl by Richard le Gallienne - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

williamjones wrote: May 27th, 2021, 4:33 am
wib66 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:15 pm PL Notes for section 10

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this
Uploaded fixed Section 10 changed status to PL OK for this simple fix.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/questofthegoldengirl_10_legallienne_128kb.mp3 46.48
That's great thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SC816

Post by SC816 »

Section 11 PL: Everything was good according to the standard PL.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

SC816 wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:17 pm Section 11 PL: Everything was good according to the standard PL.
Thank you, SC816; but Wib66 is the Dedicated Proof Listener for this project. I'll leave it to her to say or do anything further. Wib66, how say you?
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
SC816

Post by SC816 »

Section 12 PL: Everything is good according to the standard PL.
SC816

Post by SC816 »

Oh I am sorry I did not see your comment on this and I am also somewhat new to proof Listening. Once again sorry, and good luck on the rest of your project.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

SC816 wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:49 pm Oh I am sorry I did not see your comment on this and I am also somewhat new to proof Listening. Once again sorry, and good luck on the rest of your project.
No harm.
Thank you again.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 11 and 12 are PL OK

Section 13 just needs the silence at the end adjusting to 5 seconds please then this is all good to go to the catalogue. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

wib66 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 4:18 am Sections 11 and 12 are PL OK

Section 13 just needs the silence at the end adjusting to 5 seconds please then this is all good to go to the catalogue. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this.
Michele, you are a marvel!
Thank you very much for all the time you put in on this romantic, Baroque story.
I'll adjust the trailing silence to section 13 and mark it PL OK and ask Lynne to start the catalogue process after I make the cover.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Section 13 with adjusted 5-second trailing silence.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/questofthegoldengirl_13_legallienne_128kb.mp3 26:41

This project is ready to be cataloged except I've not yet created the cover graphic, which I shall do today, maybe this morning even.

Thank you loads, Lynne (lynnet) and Michele (wib66).
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it now.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Had some issues cataloguing this, but now:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-quest-of-the-golden-girl-by-richard-le-gallienne/

:clap: :clap: :clap:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:03 am Had some issues cataloguing this, but now:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-quest-of-the-golden-girl-by-richard-le-gallienne/

Many, many thanks!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

williamjones wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:06 am
Lynnet wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:03 am Had some issues cataloguing this, but now:

Lynne, if the issues you dealt with were due to my mistakes, please let me know what they were so that I can avoid them in the future.
Thanks.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 5:35 am
williamjones wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:06 am

Lynne, if the issues you dealt with were due to my mistakes, please let me know what they were so that I can avoid them in the future.
Thanks.
One thing you did was add the times to the file names. But the main issue was not your fault... it’s a problem we’ve been having since the last update.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

William, Lynne, and Michele -

I'm listening to this book for pleasure.

There's a PL error in section 10. Chapter 8 is repeated, in its entirety.

The first instance of chapter 8 is at about 27:42. The second is at about 37:09.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart