Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 8

Two missing phrases.
23:25 missing "of his shady past," after " an interminable anecdote"
32:15 missing "Then there was Jim Thomson," before "generally a perfect mine"

Section 9
21:19 Sounds like "smoke of a track through the trees". instead of "smoke of a train through the trees".

Another amusing tale although I do wish I understood all the sports terms.

Thanks,

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 18th, 2021, 7:23 am Section 8

Two missing phrases.
23:25 missing "of his shady past," after " an interminable anecdote"
32:15 missing "Then there was Jim Thomson," before "generally a perfect mine"

Section 9
21:19 Sounds like "smoke of a track through the trees". instead of "smoke of a train through the trees".

Another amusing tale although I do wish I understood all the sports terms.

Thanks,

M
Thank you!

I must be getting too enthusiastic in my editing. (Well, reckless would be a better word.)

Rugby and Cricket are notoriously hard to understand, unless you're born to it, I guess.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 10 is PL OK. :)
I was going to question where the "one" came from at the beginning, but then there was a "two" later on in the text. So, the "one" is ok even though it is not in the text.

Section 11, One comment, at 0:51 you have "JB" instead of "4B". I honestly do not know if this is significant. What is your take on it? Leave or fix?

Section 12, One correction needed.
at 1:51, there is a repeat of "The question is,"

Thanks,

M

I see you snuck in the next section on me. I'll get on that soon.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 13 was a great story and well read.

PL OK.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I hope your neck gets better quickly. That sounds painful.

Enjoyed the section on Work. One comment on it.

The poem at the beginning at 0:26 has "And the culminating pleasure". You have "cumulating" which doesn't quite mean the same thing but does work there. I'm leaving this to your discretion if you feel it is close enough or you want to change. Let me know.

Thanks,

M

(Oh, and you owe me one. :) I saw the DPL request in for sam the sudden, it I have the title right, and was going to volunteer but then I saw the comment about you helping him with locating it. So, I figured I should give you the chance to do it if you wished., which you did. (just kidding about owing me one, of course.))
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:51 pm
I hope your neck gets better quickly. That sounds painful.

Enjoyed the section on Work. One comment on it.

The poem at the beginning at 0:26 has "And the culminating pleasure". You have "cumulating" which doesn't quite mean the same thing but does work there. I'm leaving this to your discretion if you feel it is close enough or you want to change. Let me know.

Thanks,

M

(Oh, and you owe me one. :) I saw the DPL request in for sam the sudden, it I have the title right, and was going to volunteer but then I saw the comment about you helping him with locating it. So, I figured I should give you the chance to do it if you wished., which you did. (just kidding about owing me one, of course.))
I do owe you a lot!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Sections 15 and 16 are PL OK.

Although your pronunciation of the names Rswkg and Xkryt was not even close to how they should be pronounced, I decided to be generous and let you get away those pronunciations.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:01 am Sections 15 and 16 are PL OK.

Although your pronunciation of the names Rswkg and Xkryt was not even close to how they should be pronounced, I decided to be generous and let you get away those pronunciations.

M
Hahaha!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

KevinS wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:56 am
mleigh wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:01 am Sections 15 and 16 are PL OK.

M
Hahaha!
I did love all his names in that paragraph. :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:33 pm Section 2 is missing a sentence: ~4:08 please insert "Harrison emerged from the encounter feeling sore and unfit for any further
recreation.", after "traced the string to its owner."
Section 2 correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/talesofstaustins_02_wodehouse_128kb.mp3 (13:55)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:33 pm Section 3 has several issues.
1 - 5:28, sounds like "telegram for" not "telegram from"
2 - 5:50, should be "nee Miss Dorothy" not "Mrs"
3 - 7:28, the "5" is missing for the fifth letter
4 - 13:07, should be "Lord Marmaduke Twistleton" not "Thistleton". As Twistletons feature in other PG Wodehouse books, it should probably be corrected.
Section 3 corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/talesofstaustins_03_wodehouse_128kb.mp3 (15:59)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 8th, 2021, 4:02 pm Section 16 was a bit on the strange side. It was well read too. I just have one comment on it and would appreciate your listening to the passage and either correct it or let me know if I have misheard what you said.
~3:26 the text reads "'Never,' I shouted, with enthusiasm." It sounds to me like the verb you used is "crowded", if your word is actually "crowed" or "cried" it would fit in the text and would be acceptable.
Section 16 is now Section 17 as you will remember. I have made the correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/talesofstaustins_17_wodehouse_128kb.mp3 (10:45)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:50 pm
Alas, there is a sentence left out here.

around 3:30, text reads "Oh, you mean for the Thucydides. I don't know. Mellish sets the bits" . The sentence "I don't know" is missing. Also you have "takes" instead of "sets" at the beginning of the following sentence.
Section 6 corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/talesofstaustins_06_wodehouse_128kb.mp3 (21:12)