COMPLETE National Geographic Magazine Vol. 09 - November 1898 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Ava! PL OK and some interesting info. I think it was a well written article; definitely well read :D
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ngm09_11_05_128kb.mp3

Time is 13.29

Regarding proofreading: At 3:45 during the description of a book written by Woodrow Wilson there is the phrase 8 then a degree sign. After extensive research I cannot determine what this means regarding literature. I have read it as written. If you know more please let me know and I will edit.

Betty
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Betty! I'll listen tomorrow, just wanted to say that this means "octavo" and refers to the type of printing, number of pages on a sheet. Here's more info https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavo
If there are any pl notes, you may optionally address that too. Or you'll just know for next time :mrgreen: . I'll post again after I listen :9:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Another optional edit for section 5, if you decide to go back and edit for the "octavo" at 3:45, is at 10:59, it's "section 47", sec. 47 does look like see 47.

Then section 6 is perfectly PL OK! Thank you Betty :D
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ngm09_11_05_128kb.mp3

Uploaded for spot checks as mentioned by Rapunzelina.
Thank you for the info on octavo. I record many chapters in the Harper's Young People magazines and they always use the terms, quarto, octavo, duodecimo, etc.
but they are always written out. Good to know the abbreviations. Thank you.

Betty
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Betty! All great!

I remember when I first came across 8o, I went to a wild goose chase on google, and had a hard time finding this out, so it wasn't really straightforward. But now we know :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Bookworm360 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 6:02 am May I have “Sumatra’s West Coast” please?
As it's almost 2 months since the claim (next week), let me know if you'll be able to meet the deadline or you'll need an extension. Thanks! :D
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Yes, I’m still interested. I’ve started recording it, but now I lost my voice :( .So yes, I will need an extension. Thank you for the reminder! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh no! Did you overwork it or what? I'll check back in a month. I hope you'll be able to finish by then.
Take care :9:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Bookworm360 wrote: June 29th, 2021, 7:15 am Yes, I’m still interested. I’ve started recording it, but now I lost my voice :( .So yes, I will need an extension. Thank you for the reminder! :D
Hi, It's me again! Having just catalogued the next issue, and as yours is the last section for this one, I'd like to request if possible to give this project priority when you're able to record again, to stay on track! :D Thank you!
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 10th, 2021, 2:39 am
Bookworm360 wrote: June 29th, 2021, 7:15 am Yes, I’m still interested. I’ve started recording it, but now I lost my voice :( .So yes, I will need an extension. Thank you for the reminder! :D
Hi, It's me again! Having just catalogued the next issue, and as yours is the last section for this one, I'd like to request if possible to give this project priority when you're able to record again, to stay on track! :D Thank you!
Yes, it will be priority number one when 1: I get Audacity to cooperate and 2: have time for a recording session, which will probably be in the next couple weeks. :)
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Bookworm360! It sounds like things aren't stable enough for you to make a schedule. I think it would be best to relinquish the claim, both for the project and you; the project can move on, and you can concentrate on other recordings, without stressing over this one.
Thank you for your initial interest and your best intentions. I have arranged with Availle, and I will assign the section to her.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

The rain has stopped last night just long enough to get this recoring done. :9:

Here you go, 35:16 and no bananas:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ngm09_11_01_128kb.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Ava! This is PL OK and we are ready for the catalogue!