[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 12 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 5:59 amExcellent work, Sonia. It is PL OK, of course. But how did Mary die? Is the mention that she has been faithful serve as a deflection, so that when we discover she is dead, it is even sadder?
yes it's a bit strange, because he heard on the continent she was still alive. Maybe a tragic accident ? Just to enhance the drama of the story, I guess. :?
Also, his handling of the corpse is a bit gruesome.
:? I thought so too. It was a bit over-the-top to be quarrelling so much about who would be carrying the coffin. :roll:

Thanks for the PL :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Anyway, we are almost there on this one. Jim :D
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

If Section 4 is orphaned may I claim it?

Thank you!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: July 9th, 2021, 4:41 amIf Section 4 is orphaned may I claim it?
Thank you!
Greg
thank you, Greg, for keeping us fully claimed :9: Indeed the deadline expired today and my PM to the reader didn't get picked up, so I'll orphan again and Section 4 is yours. Have fun !

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: July 10th, 2021, 1:21 am
GregGiordano wrote: July 9th, 2021, 4:41 amIf Section 4 is orphaned may I claim it?
Thank you!
Greg
thank you, Greg, for keeping us fully claimed :9: Indeed the deadline expired today and my PM to the reader didn't get picked up, so I'll orphan again and Section 4 is yours. Have fun !

Sonia
Thank you!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0112_4_various_128kb.mp3

Run time: 31:44

DPL: If at all possible, please proof by Saturday (July 17) so that I may know if I need to make corrections. I will be traveling after that day and will not have access to my computer and other recording equipment for 9 days. Since this is the last section needed to complete this project, it would be gratifying to know that this book was finished before I board a plane and head north.

Thank you!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much for the fast turn-around, Greg. I can assure you, this is totally PL ok and you can enjoy your trip north without any pending obligations here.

I also have to admit that the final dialogue moved me to tears and I couldn't stop weeping while listening to the last 2 minutes. Such grand emotions and heart-felt good deeds never fail to move me deeply. A wonderful story. And wonderfully narrated.

Now all that is left is cataloguing, which I will start doing right away. 8-)

Jim, Scott, Greg and Alan, thank you for having been my co-readers in this issue of the Rover. (I see have been the only female voice in this issue) It has been another wonderful collection. :9:

Stay tuned, will post the link as soon as it's done.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And finished quickly and without a glitch:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/rover-01-12-by-various/

Moving to completed...

Thank you all and hopefully see you along the road...

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: July 16th, 2021, 1:44 am
thank you so much for the fast turn-around, Greg. I can assure you, this is totally PL ok and you can enjoy your trip north without any pending obligations here.

I also have to admit that the final dialogue moved me to tears and I couldn't stop weeping while listening to the last 2 minutes. Such grand emotions and heart-felt good deeds never fail to move me deeply. A wonderful story. And wonderfully narrated.

Now all that is left is cataloguing, which I will start doing right away. 8-)

Jim, Scott, Greg and Alan, thank you for having been my co-readers in this issue of the Rover. (I see have been the only female voice in this issue) It has been another wonderful collection. :9:

Stay tuned, will post the link as soon as it's done.

Sonia
Thank you for the kind words, Sonia! They mean the world to me. I also appreciate the quick proofing. This is the one open project that I wanted to finish before leaving on my trip. You pick some great projects and this is yet another one!

Congratulations to the whole team who made this possible. It is an honor to work with such talented people!

Take care,

Greg