mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 7 PL ok!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And section 8 PL ok!

So only a few notes to go through, and most of those were optional. Let me know when those are ready for Spot PL, and we'll be able to get this in the catalogue, maybe even in May! :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:00 pm Kevin, I think I'm going to really truly enjoy listening to this. :9: What a great text, just from this first section, and you read it well. I look forward to hearing more, but I only had time for one tonight.

2:03 Word change here. I might not have noticed it if I wasn't following along, so I don't know that it counts as part of standard PL. But, for what it's worth, the text reads (p. viii), "the freezing reason's colder part." I hear "the freezing region's colder part."
5:20 The Greek word here is pronounced IK-thoos, if you'd like to include it. Personally, I think that you should, just as we wouldn't omit or simply translate French or German words that sometimes appear in the texts we read.
13:41 Again, I would not have caught this one had I not had the text in front of me. But here (p. 6), the author repeats this clause for emphasis: "Suffers us not to be silent." I suspect that you heard the repetition in editing and thought it was a mistake. :wink:
16:01-16:15 In this section, you have two takes of "and we come in its light and peace to listen if the risen Christ will speak some word to us from out the glory." (p. 7-8) Both takes sound good to me, so just choose one to keep and one to toss.
Ready for Spot Check, I hope.

I'm embarrassed about leaving out the Greek. I meant to look it up.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: May 16th, 2021, 5:56 pm Section 3:

13:30 This is one I'll call OPTIONAL. It's quite clear what is meant, but it sounds odd here. P. 29 says: "...and to the word of grace on the one hand corresponds the silence of doom on the other." I hear: "...and to the word of grace on the other hand corresponds the silence of doom on the other."
Section 3 corrected.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: May 31st, 2021, 3:48 pm Section 5:

17:20 OPTIONAL suggestion. This is a personal stylistic choice, and it works fine the way you have it. P. 58: "Let not him who seeks [eternal life?] cease till he finds." You have read this as: "Let not him who seeks, bracket, eternal life, question mark, close bracket, cease till he finds." Personally, I find this stilted and clunky, and would probably have chosen to read it as: "Let not him who seeks (pause) eternal life? (pause) cease till he finds," speaking the words "eternal life" with a rising inflection. But as I said, that is a personal choice. So I put this out simply for your consideration. If you still like your choice best, then by all means disregard this suggestion.

Otherwise PL ok!
Corrected. I hope this is better.

Same time.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

1 and 3 are PL ok now! I still hear the same thing in section 5 though, and looking at my uploader folder, there is still only one version of section 5 there. So either you forgot to re-upload that one, or the upload didn't complete.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:02 pm I still hear the same thing in section 5 though, and looking at my uploader folder, there is still only one version of section 5 there. So either you forgot to re-upload that one, or the upload didn't complete.
Oh boy! No wonder the times were the same! I forgot to upload the corrected version, apparently.

Correction made now.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

PL ok. Nice work! I'll start cataloguing!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/gaudium-crucis-by-walter-lowrie/
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 9:09 pm This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/gaudium-crucis-by-walter-lowrie/
Thank you!
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Kevin and Felix :thumbs:

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge