[SF] Adaptation by Mack Reynolds - phil c

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

philchenevert wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:39 pm Yay! I think I have it in the proper order now. Parts 1 thru 7 are in the magic window. Please let me know if any of them don't start at the proper place, but I think I have them in the right order. You have already listened to part 1 and most of part 2 but if you would check them again I would appreciate it. Again, thank you for your patience.

This was written at the height of the cold war and I think he puts his finger on the strengths and weaknesses of both free enterprise and communism. Ah, this takes me back. :?
Hello Phil,
I will most certainly listen again to the sections I have already listened to. Thank you for arranging the sections as you have, I will not dpl until Sunday. Have a wonderful rest of today!!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello again Phil,
I see you have posted the remaining parts in the mw, good job!! I will pl those on an upcoming day.
I have pled what was posted yesterday, 1-8, today.
The way you have organized the audios is much better for me to follow along on Guttenberg, thank you for that.
Parts 1-8 are all pl okay. :D
April
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thank you April. I'm glad organizing the parts to follow the text make it easier for you. It was actually a good experience for me and I think they do sound better divided that way . :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Phil below are the pl results for sections 9-12. Congratulations for your recordings!! Now just a few more tweaks for you to make and this thread can be archived. :D

Section 9
Please delete the inhalation sounds @ 9:22 & 9:24

Section 10
Please delete the click @ 5:13.5

Section 11
Clicks @ 10:31 & 10:35.5

Selection 12
pl okay
April
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

adr6090 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:33 am Hello Phil below are the pl results for sections 9-12. Congratulations for your recordings!! Now just a few more tweaks for you to make and this thread can be archived. :D

Section 9

Section 10

Section 11

Selection 12
pl okay
Thank you April so much for your attention to detail. I think I have fixed those problems in 9, 10 and 11 and they are ready for final check. Your feelings about doing the recordings in order of the book instead of combining chapters has led me to change another ongoing project much for the better i think. Funny how habit will keep us doing the same things even though they may not be appropriate for different projects. So that nudge has gotten me to reappraise other things too. Thanks. :D
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

philchenevert wrote: June 9th, 2021, 11:11 am
adr6090 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:33 am Hello Phil below are the pl results for sections 9-12. Congratulations for your recordings!! Now just a few more tweaks for you to make and this thread can be archived. :D

Section 9

Section 10

Section 11

Selection 12
pl okay
Thank you April so much for your attention to detail. I think I have fixed those problems in 9, 10 and 11 and they are ready for final check. Your feelings about doing the recordings in order of the book instead of combining chapters has led me to change another ongoing project much for the better i think. Funny how habit will keep us doing the same things even though they may not be appropriate for different projects. So that nudge has gotten me to reappraise other things too. Thanks. :D
Hey there Phil,
You are sooooo very welcome for my being so diligent. You did an outstanding job fixing the areas I had mentioned. Now all are pl okay.
Yes it is interesting how a person's mind decides the way things will be best accomplished, regardless of other thoughts. Habits are habits....
April
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project is in our catalog at https://librivox.org/adaptation-by-mack-reynolds/

A big thanks to my DPL April of course :clap:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

philchenevert wrote: June 9th, 2021, 11:54 pm This project is in our catalog at https://librivox.org/adaptation-by-mack-reynolds/

A big thanks to my DPL April of course :clap:
A large thank you from me. :thumbs:
April