[COMPLETE] Jean Craig In New York - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ares

Post by Ares »

Jean Craig In New York, by Kay Lyttleton

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/jean-craig-in-new-york-by-kay-lyttleton/
Jean is a talented teenage girl devoted for his beloved family. Living with his parents and sisters on the countryside, she is given the opportunity to go back to New York and continue her art studies. The joy for her new life in New York will get to conflicting feelings, because she also misses her loved family on the country side. (Summary by Ares)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/65135

Target completion date: 0-12-00

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Jean Craig In New York. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Jean Craig In New York, by Kay Lyttleton. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Jean Craig In New York, by Kay Lyttleton. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Jean Craig In New York, by Kay Lyttleton."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: jeancraiginnewyork_##_lyttleton_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. jeancraiginnewyork_01_lyttleton_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Ares on May 9th, 2021, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I'll set up the MW. Please note that without knowing the author's date of death we must assume this is PD only in the US. The reader, DPL and MC must currently reside in the US.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Do we need to advertise for a DPL or do you have someone in mind?
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Excuse me while I butt in. Kay Lyttleton is a pseudonym for Jean L. McKechnie who was born in 1925. http://worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n80004123/
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a death date, but it may have been fairly recently, likely within the last 50 years.
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
Ares

Post by Ares »

craigdav1 wrote: April 28th, 2021, 3:35 pm I'll set up the MW. Please note that without knowing the author's date of death we must assume this is PD only in the US. The reader, DPL and MC must currently reside in the US.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Do we need to advertise for a DPL or do you have someone in mind?
Thanks a lot, and thanks guys. please can you do the advertise for a DPL?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I just added a ~ before the title in the subject line of the first post. This lets everyone know we are looking for a DPL. This may be enough to get an offer.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Great. I just uploaded the first chapter :)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

pschempf wrote: April 28th, 2021, 8:17 pm Excuse me while I butt in. Kay Lyttleton is a pseudonym for Jean L. McKechnie who was born in 1925. http://worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n80004123/
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a death date, but it may have been fairly recently, likely within the last 50 years.
Fritz
Kay and Jean coauthored a book together (Jean Craig, Graduate Nurse) so I'm assuming they are related but separate individuals.
Dave
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Hmmm - the Worldcat reference says Kay is a pseudonym, but it doesn't make much difference if there isn't a death date attached with either name. :hmm:
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK!

Added myself as DPL if that's ok with you. Also moved topic to Going Solo forum.
Ares

Post by Ares »

That's amazing thanks!. I just uploaded 3 chapters more.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4 PL OK!