[COMPLETE] The Wavy Tailed Warrior, by John Breck -philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

fromdehart wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:31 pm Hello Lynda,
May I claim sections 11, 12, and 13?

Thanks!
Patrice :)
And those are yours Patrice! Now we are a full book! Yipee! Phil - if you can do the honours please to move us...

Lynda
Ozzymin

Post by Ozzymin »

i have a quick question, what should we do if we aren't sure how to pronounce certain names? should we give it our best shot?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ozzymin wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:42 pm i have a quick question, what should we do if we aren't sure how to pronounce certain names? should we give it our best shot?
What would be an example? I sometimes look them up in Google - type the word then pronounce or if it is a person's name give it your best shot!

We are not that critical in these kinds of books on pronunciation. Poems with rhyming yes but here nope.

Lynda
Ozzymin

Post by Ozzymin »

im finished with my recordings, i was wondering how i would upload those to the uploader so that I can send them here?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ozzymin wrote: April 26th, 2021, 6:21 pm im finished with my recordings, i was wondering how i would upload those to the uploader so that I can send them here?
Hi there! If you look at the first page under the information on how to save the file and the format needed, there is information about the Uploader and the person to pick - Phil Chevert.

Go to the uploader, enter the name and password indicated, pick Phil as the person and select your file like you did for your 1 minute test (but pick the file for this book instead) and then upload it.

Please paste the link here with the total time in mm:ss and then I will listen to it - simple as that!

Lynda
Ozzymin

Post by Ozzymin »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ozzymin wrote: April 27th, 2021, 8:37 am chapter 8: 08:45
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/chapter_8.mp3

chapter 10: 09:32
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/chapter_10.mp3

here ya go!

-oz
Thanks Oz -

Did you read the instructions on the format for the file name that I wrote you about? I will listen to the above files as is however after I do that, you will need to make any changes and upload them with the correct file format please.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Oz - here is your PL feedback on Chapters 8 and 10 -

The general feedback is you are a very good reader and have a great voice! You need to watch your reading though and ensure that you do not substitute words. This is not a word perfect PL (Proof Listening) so I did not write down all the times you said something different, unless I thought it affected the storyline. That said, did you listen to this recording yourself prior to submitting it? Everyone should be PL'ing or listening to their own recordings and ensuring they are complete prior to submitting them. Please DO NOT re-record these sections - just fix what I have outlined as I do not listen to the whole recording again - I just check the points where I asked for items to be changed. Please let me know if you have any questions - I am here to help!

TIP - work backwards (bottom to top) on each Chapter - that way the time stamps will not change on you and it will be easier to find what I have written about. :)

Chapter 8
Volume is too high – should be between 86–92 dB with a target of 89 dB and you are at 95.2 dB
0:05 – Intro is incorrect – see below the Magic Window (grid on 1st page of book). When reading for a book it is very important to read the first page and first couple of posts to make sure you understand what is needed to be done as each book can have specific instructions. While 99% of books will have the same intro and extro, there are other things that are passed along like what to do with footnotes, abbreviations etc.
2:43 – heard “screening” should be “screeching”
2:52 – there is a blip – heard “wings about his ears, he but he just…” the first he should be cut.
3:03 – heard “hedgeGRow” should be “hedgeROW”
3:30 - repeat
3:42 – keep this one it is correct
6:33 – extra word “then”
7:28 – heard “hedgeGRow” should be “hedgeROW”
8:43 – please add the extro from under the Magic Window
Please leave 5 seconds of silence after the extro
Save file per the format in section under the Magic Window

Chapter 10
Volume is too high – should be between 86–92 dB with a target of 89 dB and you are at 95.2 dB
0:05 – you need an Intro please – see above Chapter 8
Please start the recording between .5 and 1 second
2:41 – missing “now” in the sentence
5:02 – heard “well where have you been then” text says “Well, where were you, then”
5:36 – heard “Miner AND Mole’s” should be “Miner THE Mole’s”
6:25 – heard “we can get down to business” should be “THEN we can get down to business”
7:04 – heard “baring” should be “BARring” this is critical to the story so needs to be pronounced correctly.
8:17 – heard “we must go” should be “He must go”
8:29 – missing the following sentences ““Ah,” said Doctor Muskrat. “Then you mice will give up gnawing roots and spoiling plants and go back to the sensible way Mother Nature started you in the First-Off Beginning. In that case, I expect we will have to agree to your demand.” “Give up eating roots? What do you mean?” gasped the fieldmouse.”
Please add the extro from under the Magic Window
Please leave 5 seconds of silence after the extro
Save file per the format in section under the Magic Window

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:28 am
adrianstephens wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:15 am https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/wavytailedwarrior_05_breck_128kb.mp3 10:05

Of course, this was written when watches ticked!
Thanks! Will get to PL shortly...

Lynda
Hi Adrian - this is very well read and PL OK!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

Lmnei wrote: April 13th, 2021, 3:23 am
adrianstephens wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:16 pm May I have sections 3-6? Thank you.
By all means! Welcome to the book!

Lynda
And here is section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/wavytailedwarrior_06_breck_128kb.mp3 @ 7:37
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi M!

Both Chapters 7 and 9 are PL OK! Beautiful readings!

Lynda
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Lmnei wrote: May 7th, 2021, 11:52 am Hi M!

Both Chapters 7 and 9 are PL OK! Beautiful readings!

Lynda
Thank you,

I had fun reading them.

M