[COMPLETE] The Road To Mandalay by B. M. Croker - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Since we don't seem to get any takers here for the last/first section, I'll move this over to "readers wanted" again.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Ava -

I will do it this weekend. Sorry for the delay in responding....

Lynda
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh, okay. :thumbs:

Back to "readers found" then. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ava or someone -

Can you please assign Chapter 1 to me? That way it will show up on my Reader Page :)

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Again, dealing with the mw is very dificalt for me. So if I said chapter 1 is all yours, I signed you up as far as I am concerned. When I have time and strength, I will enter the claim.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav wrote: June 25th, 2021, 7:56 pm Again, dealing with the mw is very dificalt for me. So if I said chapter 1 is all yours, I signed you up as far as I am concerned. When I have time and strength, I will enter the claim.
That is not a problem Miss Stav - I just thought Availle was going to assign it to me the other day. (smile)

Here is my recording of Chapter 1 - https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/roadtomandalay_01_croker_128kb.mp3 - 20:00

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

You are right, it is just more dificalt for me so I do it only when I have time- as it is more time consuming. But of course I understand you. And thanks for chapter 1.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 37 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Section 33 has been orphaned. Any takers?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav wrote: June 29th, 2021, 6:49 pm Section 33 has been orphaned. Any takers?
I will do it in the next few days while waiting for my PL on the other chapters...

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

You are amazing, thank you.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 28

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently shorter than this

Section 34 is PL OK

Section 38 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

wib66 wrote: June 30th, 2021, 3:26 pm PL Notes for section 28

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently shorter than this
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently shorter than this
Hi! I just looked at Section 28 and it is spot on with it starting at .527 and having exactly 5 seconds at the end.

Lynda
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Lmnei wrote: July 1st, 2021, 1:08 pm

Hi! I just looked at Section 28 and it is spot on with it starting at .527 and having exactly 5 seconds at the end.

Lynda
The beginning silence is ok but the end silence is definitely less than 5 seconds. Thanks
Michele
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

wib66 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 2:22 pm
Lmnei wrote: July 1st, 2021, 1:08 pm

Lynda
The beginning silence is ok but the end silence is definitely less than 5 seconds. Thanks
Really are we being that precise these days? This is a waste of both of our time! My last word ends at 6:26.54 and the recording ends at 6:31.79. I believe it is supposed to be "approximately 5 seconds" and this is actually 5.25 seconds.

Lynda