COMPLETE: Japanese Fairy Tales by Yei Theodora Ozaki - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Chapter 15 - The Jelly Fish and the Monkey is finished and uploading. 20:16/18.5 MB Give it a listen!

Scott
[size=75]He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams[/size]
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Laying claim to Chapter 22: The Stones of Five Colors unless anyone else wants it... Anyone? Anyone?

Scott
[size=75]He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams[/size]
crispy

Post by crispy »

Hi, I am new here and since a couple of the available track are pretty short I was wondering if I can claim either both or just one of them. Please feel free to PM or email me any questions.

The sections I was referring to are:

The Quarrel of the Monkey and the Crab

or

The White Hare and the Crocodiles.

Thank You!
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

crispy wrote:Hi, I am new here and since a couple of the available track are pretty short I was wondering if I can claim either both or just one of them.
The sections I was referring to are: The Quarrel of the Monkey and the Crab or The White Hare and the Crocodiles.
Hi Crispy,

Welcome to the project and to LibriVox! Both chapters are yours, if you want them! If you only feel like taking care of one at the moment, please let me know which one.

Also, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. We can also link to a personal web site or blog.

Also, since this is your first recording, you may want to send a sample recording of a minute or so, to make sure the sound quality etc is all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later.

All the best,
Scott
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Great! Thanks!

Scott
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Hi all,

Chapter 22 is up. 19.5 MB/ 20:47

Scott
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Great, Scott! (you've heard this a million times before, but it just occurred to me that one needs to be careful punctuating that one correctly...)

Are you listening to chapters yourself, or do we need a proof-listener? If the former, then I'd be happy to listen to your own chapters myself. If the latter, I'd recommend starting a thread in the Listeners Wanted forum soon (let me know if you need any help), or headhunting a proof-listener.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Gesine wrote:Are you listening to chapters yourself, or do we need a proof-listener? If the former, then I'd be happy to listen to your own chapters myself. If the latter, I'd recommend starting a thread in the Listeners Wanted forum soon (let me know if you need any help), or headhunting a proof-listener.
I have been listening to a few of the chapters, as I enjoy the stories. However, I've also found that I don't always have the time to listen to them all with the attentiveness that may be required (i.e. following along with the text.)

Being my first project that has gotten to the point where proof listeners are needed, is there anything in particular that I should know in establishing such a thread?

Also, I've listened to my own recordings during the editing phase, but feel that a third party should probably proof them. Is there any SOP that is followed by LV?

Scott
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

not.a.moose wrote:
Gesine wrote:Are you listening to chapters yourself, or do we need a proof-listener? If the former, then I'd be happy to listen to your own chapters myself. If the latter, I'd recommend starting a thread in the Listeners Wanted forum soon (let me know if you need any help), or headhunting a proof-listener.
I have been listening to a few of the chapters, as I enjoy the stories. However, I've also found that I don't always have the time to listen to them all with the attentiveness that may be required (i.e. following along with the text.)

Being my first project that has gotten to the point where proof listeners are needed, is there anything in particular that I should know in establishing such a thread?

Also, I've listened to my own recordings during the editing phase, but feel that a third party should probably proof them. Is there any SOP that is followed by LV?

Scott
Hi Scott - SOP at LV is that we never proof-listen our own files. As for attentiveness, our 'standard' proof-listening does not require reading along with the text. Such detailed proof-listening is usually only required for philosophy and scientific texts, or other projects where the BC/soloist requests it. I'll PM you my template for proof-listening, which you can amend and copy into a post in Listeners Wanted. Alternatively, you can continue listening as you have done, and I'm happy to proof-listen your sections for you.
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Gesine wrote:SOP at LV is that we never proof-listen our own files. As for attentiveness, our 'standard' proof-listening does not require reading along with the text. Such detailed proof-listening is usually only required for philosophy and scientific texts, or other projects where the BC/soloist requests it. I'll PM you my template for proof-listening, which you can amend and copy into a post in Listeners Wanted. Alternatively, you can continue listening as you have done, and I'm happy to proof-listen your sections for you.
Hi Gesine,

That sounds great. I can certainly put up an post in Listeners Wanted.

Also, we're fully subscribed! I love these sorts of stories, so I took the liberty of grabbing the last one! Is the migration of the thread to Readers Found something that I can do, or does that fall under your jurisdiction?

Scott
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I have to do that - it's done! Good opportunity to contact all readers with outstanding sections, to let them know we've moved over, and to ask them how they're getting on with their recordings!
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Gesine wrote:I have to do that - it's done! Good opportunity to contact all readers with outstanding sections, to let them know we've moved over, and to ask them how they're getting on with their recordings!
Thanks Gesine!

All seems to be in good order. What a lucky boy I am!

Scott
ccbell

Post by ccbell »

Here is the info about Chapter 10 from Yousendit.com.
Your file(s) japanesefairytales_10_ozaki.mp3 (1 file(s)) was sent to the following recipients: not.a.moose@gmail.com

Please keep the following link for your records in case your recipient misplaces it. The link will expire in 7 days and will be available for 100 number of downloads.

Link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/bWJxb3BFMVhqV0EwTVE9PQ
Clarke 8)
For the catalogue: Clarke Bell :!:
not.a.moose

Post by not.a.moose »

Hi Clarke,

Thanks for the chapter! I look forward to listening to it - and learn where Matsuyama is!

All the best!
Scott