THE GREAT INTENDANT A Chronicle of Jean Talon in Canada 1665-1672 by THOMAS CHAPAIS.
This is volume 6 in the Chronicles of Canada Series which were designed to cover Canadian history in a scholarly and readable fashion..
- How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline?
Target completion date of this project: August 31, 2007 – but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
- Where do I find the text?
Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/4971
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
NOTE: Author died in 1946. This makes it OK for Canada, US and Australia.
- BEFORE recording:
Please check the Recording Notes:
Set your recording software to:
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
Start of recording (Intro)
- "[Chapter number] of A chronicle of Jean Talon in Canada. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
" A chronicle of Jean Talon in Canada, by Thomas Chapais. Chapter X"
End of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
“End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of A chronicle of Jean Talon in Canada, by Thomas Chapais"
Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!
Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording:
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
chronicle_jean-talon_#_ chapais.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. chronicle_jean-talon_1_ chapais.mp3)
ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: 1 – Chapter title
Artist: Thomas Chapais
Album: THE GREAT INTENDANT. A Chronicle of Jean Talon in Canada 1665-1672
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
- If you have your own server space, post the link here. Please leave the file in this location until the project is catalogued.
- If you don't have your own server space, you'll need to transfer the file to one of the free servers available. For a list of options, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
I prefer the files uploaded directly to this folder:
I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:ftp.studioae.com = ftp address
LibriVox =ftp user name
L1br1V0x = ftp password (no vowels - they are all numbers)
Folder name = jean_talon (within the “star” folder)
- your name/pseudonym as you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog, and your website URL if you like. These are only necessary if this is your first LibriVox recording.
- the file size of your .mp3 file/duration of the recording.
Please post below or PM me.