[COMPLETE] William the Conqueror - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

William the Conqueror by Edward Freeman (1823 - 1892)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/william-the-conqueror-by-edward-freeman/
A brief history of the rise and reign of Duke William of Normandy, King of England. Also known as William the Bastard, and William the Great, but perhaps best known in English history as William the Conqueror. Written by Edward Freeman, originally in 1888, as part of the Twelve English Statesmen series of books. (Summary by Cavaet)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1066/1066-h/1066-h.htm

Target completion date: 2021-07-02

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction; *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography

Keywords that describe the book: norman conquest

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of William the Conqueror. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: williamtheconqueror_##_freeman_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. williamtheconqueror_01_freeman_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by cavaet on July 9th, 2021, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Ok. Here we are again. Craig has already graciously volunteered to MC this, and EliseDee will be Pl-ing for me.

Let the games begin
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Seatbelt engaged!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving to Going Solo forum.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

And Chapter One is Up. And now Chapter Two
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

OK. Chapters one and two now ready for spot pl.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Chapter four now up.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

cavaet wrote: March 17th, 2021, 9:19 am William the Conqueror by Edward Freeman (1823 - 1892)
A brief history of the rise and reign of Duke William of Normandy, King of England. Also known as William the Bastard, and William the Great. This book is written in a mostly chronological order concentrating more on the political aspects than the military ones of his rise to the English crown. Written by Edward Freeman, originally in 1888, as part of the Twelve English Statesmen series of books, it provides an easy entry into William’s life and times. (Written by Cavaet)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1066/1066-h/1066-h.htm

Target completion date: 2021-07-02

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction; *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography

Keywords that describe the book: norman conquest

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of William the Conqueror. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of William the Conqueror, by Edward Freeman."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: williamtheconqueror_##_freeman_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. williamtheconqueror_01_freeman_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Hi there. sorry for my absence. Will, or should be getting back on track shortly
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Thanks for the update. Things happen to all of us.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

OK, Chapters Ten and Eleven are up. I will revisit my notes for the ones that need revision
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Have re-listened to Chapter Seven. I am moving about a lot, so will re-record it sometime today, and upload a new file
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

and done. I know Elise will be listening to these sometime in the next day or so
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Craig, I have read the next couple in the series now. The one about Henry II is, meh, so-so, but the one about Edward I is excellent so I think that's the next one, plus the ones about Wolsey, Elizabeth and Cromwell are in my sights. Once this one has been put to bed
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Great. Just put my initials after the book title in the subject line of the first post (and/or add a second post) if you would like me to be MC.