[COMPLETE] A Short History of Pittsburgh by Samuel H. Church-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tac107

Post by tac107 »

A Short History of Pittsburgh, by Samuel Harden Church (1858 - 1943)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-short-history-of-pittsburgh-by-samuel-harden-church/
Samuel H. Church presents a brief history of the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, split into three domains: historical, industrial, and intellectual. His goal is to demonstrate to the reader that Pittsburgh is a noteworthy city, ready for your consideration. (Summary by Tatiana Chichilla )
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/23507/23507-h/23507-h.htm

Target completion date: 0-12-00

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History/Modern (19th C); *Non-fiction/History/Modern (20th C); *Non-fiction/Travel & Geography

Keywords that describe the book: George Washington, pennsylvania, french and indian war, andrew carnegie, pittsburgh, steel industry

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of A Short History of Pittsburgh. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "A Short History of Pittsburgh, by Samuel Harden Church. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of A Short History of Pittsburgh, by Samuel Harden Church. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of A Short History of Pittsburgh, by Samuel Harden Church."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: shorthistoryofpittsburgh_##_church_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. shorthistoryofpittsburgh_01_church_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: mightyfelix

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I can set this up for you. One moment...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, you should be all set. Do you have a DPL in mind?

I took the liberty of removing the years from the title, following PG's lead in this. Looks like that's more of a tag line, and would make for an unwieldy introduction, in any case.
tac107

Post by tac107 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:31 pm Ok, you should be all set. Do you have a DPL in mind?

I took the liberty of removing the years from the title, following PG's lead in this. Looks like that's more of a tag line, and would make for an unwieldy introduction, in any case.
Thank you so much for doing that for me. No DPL in mind, just going to wait to see if anyone is interested.
If she's got the time

Tatiana
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great. I added a tilde (~) to the subject line so that potential DPLs know that you're looking. This is something you can do yourself for future projects, whenever needed. :)
tac107

Post by tac107 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 17th, 2021, 12:20 pm Great. I added a tilde (~) to the subject line so that potential DPLs know that you're looking. This is something you can do yourself for future projects, whenever needed. :)
Thanks, this is only my second solo work so some of this stuff is totally not in my head! It seems like I have miscounted my sections and I have two extra ones dangling there (that's what I get for doing this at night). It's ok to take these off, no big deal or hurry though.
If she's got the time

Tatiana
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Tatiana.

If you still need a DPL, I'm available. :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
tac107

Post by tac107 »

Dulcamara wrote: March 18th, 2021, 10:25 am Hello, Tatiana.

If you still need a DPL, I'm available. :D
Would love to have you on board! I won't be started until next week since I'm on spring break and left my microphone at home :help:
If she's got the time

Tatiana
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, then! DPL added and extra sections removed. Off to Going Solo! :D
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Thank you both! :D :clap: :clap:
Jasna

tac107

Post by tac107 »

Sections 0 and 1 are up! This should be pretty quick and easy to PL. Hope you enjoy hearing about Pittsburgh (I lived there for four years and miss it every day)
If she's got the time

Tatiana
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Thank you, Tatiana. Sections 0-1 are PL OK.

You're right, it's a breeze to PL, and I find really enjoyable! :9:
Jasna

tac107

Post by tac107 »

2-5 are ready!
If she's got the time

Tatiana
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Chapters 2-4 are PL OK. :clap:

Very pleasant reading, Tatiana!
Jasna

tac107

Post by tac107 »

5 and 6 ready :mrgreen:
If she's got the time

Tatiana