COMPLETE The Painted Veil - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: I am trying to launch a new solo read. I have never been able to do so smoothly. (I have never had a Code generated when I click "NEXT!). What do I do after I "copy" the form?
I have not finished my current book, but want to be sure to launch "Poor White" by Anderson Sherwood, before someone else does so. Thanks, Bob
BobR

Post by BobR »

Sec 12 has been uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/paintedveil_12_maugham_128kb.mp3
39:10.16
(I can't seem to paste my book description into the intro. I will place it below, in the hope that you or Mary Ann can put it in the right place.)

This Maugham classic is set in England and Hong Kong and in a cholera --ridden Chinese village in the 1920's. A committed, principled, epidemiologist, Dr. Fane, falls in love with the beautiful, but vain and foolish, Kitty Garstin. She agrees to marry him only because she wishes to beat her sister to the altar. She soon commits adultery with a British official in Hong Kong, where they have relocated. Dr. Fane decides that she must accompany him to a small village, deep within China, where cholera is rampant; otherwise, he will reveal the betrayal, with grave consequences for all. It appears to be a suicide mission. The story is one of love, of a search for meaning of life, of forgiveness, and of personal growth and change. The inner thoughts of the several characters--especially Kitty--are thoroughly painted by Maugham. The title presumably refers to the veil of illusion that often hides the truth we feel about ourselves. We will not spoil for the reader the surprises that make this a compelling novel.
Bob Rollins
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

12 PL OK!

MaryAnn will update the book description.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Got it.

Wow, this sounds like a fantastic book!

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Bob,
don't forget to fill in the section titles in the MW ... even if it is just "Chapter 1", etc.
Thanks.
MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

13 PL OK!
BobR

Post by BobR »

Sec 14 has been uploaded.
https://librivoxorg/uploads/maryannspiegel/paintedveil_14_maugham_128kb.mp3
39:18.15
This completes the book. Let me know if the way I have completed the Chapter section is incorrect. Recall that there were many short chapters (80), so that I grouped them into 14 sections.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

14 PL OK. Finished!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-painted-veil-by-w-somerset-maugham/
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm looking forward to listening - but just noticed the wiki book link seems wrong? does it work for others?

Anne
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've updated it and it seems to work now.
MaryAnn