[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 08 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:23 pm Of course, as one would expect, it is rendered with accuracy and intensity. Good job. You are, in my humble opinion, PL OK. :thumbs: Jim
thank you so much, Jim :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Marcineus wrote: March 21st, 2021, 1:04 amURL Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_2_various_128.mp3
Time: 19:11
Holy moly that took awhile! Let me know if I missed anything during editing.
:shock: already finished ! After only a few hours, for a text of nearly 20 minutes. This is a very fast turn-around, I assure you. :thumbs: I am a bit busy still today and will put all my prooflistening jobs to tomorrow, Monday, but you'll get feedback then, promised. Thank you very much !

Sonia
Marcineus

Post by Marcineus »

Kitty wrote: March 21st, 2021, 1:24 am already finished ! After only a few hours, for a text of nearly 20 minutes. This is a very fast turn-around, I assure you. I am a bit busy still today and will put all my prooflistening jobs to tomorrow, Monday, but you'll get feedback then, promised. Thank you very much !

Sonia
Oh, well I hope to keep up the early attendance. Take your time Sonia. I also just now remembered to use "Checker". It was a hair too quiet it would seem, so I uploaded the 86.3 dB version just now.

URL Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_2_various_128.mp3
May you find purpose and tranquility in pursuit of your dreams....

-Marcineus
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am insuring you that the latest Section 7 is it. I removed the repeat of Rowe. Jim :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Marcineus wrote: March 21st, 2021, 1:52 amOh, well I hope to keep up the early attendance. Take your time Sonia. I also just now remembered to use "Checker". It was a hair too quiet it would seem, so I uploaded the 86.3 dB version just now.
URL Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_2_various_128.mp3
ok Alexander, as promised I had a listen to your section first thing in the morning :) And it was a treat to have started the day with such an exquisite narration. :thumbs: I really enjoyed your voice, expressiveness and pace, and the text was nearly word-perfect (a few deviations which don't change the meaning are negligible). I have no problems marking this PL ok right away. and needless to say, I hope to hear you in plenty more of the projects I'm prooflistening :9:

Just one suggestion: please be careful with the filename, you forgot "kb" after 128. The safest way is to copy/paste the example in the first post and exchange the # for the section number. Since there are no other errors this time, you don't need to reupload the section with the corrected filename, I can change the name in my folder. But careful with your next sections.

Oh and it's good you're using Checker to correct the volume. 86.3 is on the lower end of our accepted limit (86-92) we aim for a good average of 89 dB, but this is accepted too. For new files, maybe amplifying with +3 would have been optimal, but no need to correct anything this time.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote:I am insuring you that the latest Section 7 is it. I removed the repeat of Rowe. Jim :)

Here is Section 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_1_various_128kb.mp3
thank you, Jim, both sections are PL ok. A very interesting story and so very predictable. :? Flawlessly narrated again. :thumbs:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Sonia. Jim :D
Marcineus

Post by Marcineus »

ok Alexander, as promised I had a listen to your section first thing in the morning :) And it was a treat to have started the day with such an exquisite narration. :thumbs: I really enjoyed your voice, expressiveness and pace, and the text was nearly word-perfect (a few deviations which don't change the meaning are negligible). I have no problems marking this PL ok right away. and needless to say, I hope to hear you in plenty more of the projects I'm prooflistening :9:

Just one suggestion: please be careful with the filename, you forgot "kb" after 128. The safest way is to copy/paste the example in the first post and exchange the # for the section number. Since there are no other errors this time, you don't need to reupload the section with the corrected filename, I can change the name in my folder. But careful with your next sections.

Oh and it's good you're using Checker to correct the volume. 86.3 is on the lower end of our accepted limit (86-92) we aim for a good average of 89 dB, but this is accepted too. For new files, maybe amplifying with +3 would have been optimal, but no need to correct anything this time.
Sonia,

Thank you for the compliments and advice. I will take both to heart. Amplifying the volume and utilizing your copy paste trick will be integrated into my next recording. You too have made my morning one with a smile on my face :D Take care!
May you find purpose and tranquility in pursuit of your dreams....

-Marcineus
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have Section 5? Jim :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here it is--Section 5--which I liked very much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_5_various_128kb.mp3

23:10

Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:26 amHere it is--Section 5--which I liked very much.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_5_various_128kb.mp3
you are so fast, Jim ! But indeed, it's a beautiful story and I love the happy-ending. :9: Buried alive is also a big topic with Poe, usually a bit more gruesome though. I shudder to think how many people were wrongly declared dead already and buried by mistake :?

This section is also PL ok. Thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. You are quick too. I will hold off on the last one for a few days to see if anyone wants it. If not, I will do it. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I'll do 4. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 12:41 pm I'll do 4. Jim
thank you Jim, that makes us fully complete again. Guess I need to start the next volume soon then :lol:

Sonia