LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 18th, 2021, 1:12 am May I claim 1 and 7? Jim
yes, thank you, Jim :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jim I was sure you posted a link here and now it's gone (yet) again. :hmm: I already put it in the MW...is this the final version you want included for PL ? I just did the PL and apart from cutting out the name "rowe" at 1:13, all is well. We have the name in the initial credit, we don't need it twice.

Could I please ask you only to upload once you are happy with your section ? It saves me from downloading and checking twice if you change your mind again. :(

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, you are right--I am being ridiculous. I looked up the author's name afterword and decided to change it, But in the last analysis it is better for you to tell me to change something than to subject you to this guessing game. Lesson learned--no more backtracking. Promise. Jim :(
Marcineus

Post by Marcineus »

Good Afternoon Sonia,

May I read Section 2: The Tempter, A Tale of Jerusalem?
May you find purpose and tranquility in pursuit of your dreams....

-Marcineus
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is the better Section 7. Jim

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_7_various_128kb.mp3

1:21

Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Marcineus wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:26 amGood Afternoon Sonia,
hello and a warm welcome to our forum, Marcineus. :) And of course thank you for your interest in the Rover magazine. 8-)

I see you started on your test already and got feedback from Michele regarding the background noise: viewtopic.php?p=1872571#p1872571 could you please try to correct this issue first and reply to your test thread, so she can have a second look and approve of it ?

After that, you are all set to tackle section 2, which I will reserve for you now. Please let me know what reader name you would want to go be for your personal reader page. Can be your forum name or real name or any pseudonym you like.

Please also read carefully through the first post, where you will find every detail on how to speak the intro/outro and how to name the file correctly.

If there are still questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 9:39 amYes, you are right--I am being ridiculous. I looked up the author's name afterword and decided to change it, But in the last analysis it is better for you to tell me to change something than to subject you to this guessing game. Lesson learned--no more backtracking. Promise. Jim :(
yes thank you, that would be helpful honestly. If you want to go through your files one more time to see if you are happy with them, then please wait and don't post them yet. Only after you think all is well, and then wait for the feedback. I need to be sure that the one file I downloaded is the final version.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Marcineus wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:26 amGood Afternoon Sonia,
actually I see you already posted your reply to the test and all is well now.

So here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/15967 and you are officially signed up. All your projects will be listed on this page. If you still want to change your reader name, just let me know and I can do that, no problem.

Have fun with your first section :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I understand and am duly chastised! Jim :oops:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 12:21 pm I understand and am duly chastised! Jim :oops:
awww I didn't mean to chastise you. Sorry if it came across like that. :oops:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Not at all, I am completely aware now that I needed a reprimand, so there is no reason to apologize. It is best to be honest about these things. We are adults after all, so I am not hurt or angry. I am thankful. Yours in the journey, Jim. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so I took some time out from DPLing to record my own backlog, and this is the last poem I had claimed :9: and wow I liked the grandeur of it. Though to the discredit of the Rover, there were so many typos in this one :evil: I took the liberty to check with another source if things didn't make sense at all.

If somebody wants to PL my section, that would helpful :9: Please post here before, so the work won't be done double. The second source I used to find the typos is this one: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Last_Man_(Campbell). It makes much more sense.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_8_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:27 min.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Of course I want to be the one Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Of course, as one would expect, it is rendered with accuracy and intensity. Good job. You are, in my humble opinion, PL OK. :thumbs: Jim
Marcineus

Post by Marcineus »

URL Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0108_2_various_128.mp3

Time: 19:11

Holy moly that took awhile! Let me know if I missed anything during editing.
May you find purpose and tranquility in pursuit of your dreams....

-Marcineus