Post by TriciaG »

sorry! I must have gotten mixed up.

I'll put you in as DPL
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

LCaulkins wrote: May 19th, 2021, 10:09 am Hello :)

I'm sorting through all my LibriVox "stuff," and my brain was thinking, "wasn't I DPL'ing a Dorian Gray project?" So I came looking for this.

If you've been waiting for me, I'm so sorry - The project is not showing up on my Reader Page list of PL projects. Also, there's a tilde on the main post title, indicating a DPL is needed?

Whether I'm DPL or not, I've pulled Sections 1-5 to spot and PL, and I'll hit all of those over the next couple of days.

We'll get you rolling!
Thanks, I was wondering what was going on.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Isabella :)

I haven't actually listened to the chapters yet, but when I ran the batch through Checker, all the files except ch. 3 were flagged for having the wrong bit rate. (And ch. 3 was flagged for being too quiet.) Each of these things is something that can be edited without re-recording, so no worries.

Let me listen to the readings to make sure there aren't any edits needed before you work on changing the bit rates. I just wanted to let you know that the notes I put in the MW don't signify that I've PL'd everything just yet. :)

*By the way - the last chapter has a great volume, so if that's where your recording volume is set, it's a good place for you.
~Lynette * - family visiting, very slow response and PL work until the 22nd.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK :) I'm finished with Ch. 1

Final PL NOTE: Your reading is fine in this re-recording, and as you mentioned, no background noise issues. Just need to adjust the file's bit rate to 128kbps.

Oh - what program did you end up settling on?
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

On chapter 2, no edits are needed on the reading. :)

The file does need to be converted to 128 bit rate and constant.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Isabella :)

PL Note for chapter 3 -

No edits needed in the reading.

The track's decibels are way low, only at something like 68. It just needs to be amplified, is all - don't re-record it. When I fiddled with it in Audacity, it took an amplify effect at 24 to get it to the LibriVox range. After that much amplifying, it needs Noise Reduction.

Let me know if you need help figuring out how to run those corrections on the file. I hope you don't feel discouraged. It can take a little fiddling up front to get your system tweaked where files get produced smoothly, but once all that is squared away, things run much smoother!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 4 is great, except for needing 128 bit rate. :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

As is chapter 5 - it only needs the bit rate changed. :)
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Thanks for the feedback. I managed to download Audacity for editing. For recording and taking out repeats, I use Voice Recorder.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, good! (only because Audacity is the one I know how to use).

Fixing the bit rate is easy with that - here's how, just in case you hadn't figure it out on your own already:
  • Open the file in Audacity.
  • In the drop-down File menu, select Export > Export as mp3
  • In the lower half of the pop-up window, under "Format Options," look at the Bit Rate line and make sure the radio button for "Constant" is selected
  • On the Quality line, select 128 kb
  • Now save it.
And then you can re-upload it to LibriVox. :)
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Since the sections have been shortened to 19, how do I get the magic box shortened to the same amount?
Isabella Garcia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've removed the extra section. (Only MCs can remove extra sections.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

TriciaG wrote: June 19th, 2021, 8:44 am I've removed the extra section. (Only MCs can remove extra sections.)
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh! I just noticed the sections are waiting for spot PL :oops: Sorry!

Hey, Isabella, if you drop me note on the board when you edit or load something, I'll see it super fast.

My reader page takes so long to load the links, I don't always remember to go look in it, but I see board posts several times a day and will action things within 24 hours of seeing them.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 6 is PL OK :thumbs: