[COMPLETE] The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

There you are - everything is PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I see a couple more sections are up, without a post to notify us. :roll:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Chapter 11 is up. That was also the longest chapter, so the others should be coming up very soon.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 7, Chapter 8 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi Isabella :)

Section 8 is PL OK :thumbs:

Volume was a tad low, and you have more room on section 9 (I ran it through Checker, but haven't listened yet) - so go ahead and bump the recording volume up another notch for future recordings. :)

Oh! And also, when you're finished recording all your chapters, and the files get uploaded into an audiobook, they will get sorted into alpha/numerical order. So. . . you'll want to make the number portion of the name match your section numbers (with zero place-holder in front of single-digit sections) instead of plain chapter numbers. I think as MC, Tricia can help fix the ones that are already here, but moving forward, you can match the file name number portion to the section number. :)
~Lynette * -
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Section 10 is upload. Sorry for the delay, there was a problem with the wifi.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

LCaulkins wrote: July 5th, 2021, 11:38 am Hi Isabella :)

Section 8 is PL OK :thumbs:

Volume was a tad low, and you have more room on section 9 (I ran it through Checker, but haven't listened yet) - so go ahead and bump the recording volume up another notch for future recordings. :)

Oh! And also, when you're finished recording all your chapters, and the files get uploaded into an audiobook, they will get sorted into alpha/numerical order. So. . . you'll want to make the number portion of the name match your section numbers (with zero place-holder in front of single-digit sections) instead of plain chapter numbers. I think as MC, Tricia can help fix the ones that are already here, but moving forward, you can match the file name number portion to the section number. :)
When you said place-holder, did you mean where I put "Chapter"? Also, I just uploaded section 11
Isabella Garcia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think she means that in the file name, the number should be the section number (rather than the chapter numbers), and if it's a single digit section number, it should have a leading zero (so for section 5, it should have _05_ for the number in the file name).

However, since you started this project using chapter numbers, I'd advise you to continue it. Because once you've got chapter 14 in with the number 14 in the file name, and you don't want to now start naming the sections that way because section 14 will overwrite your chapter 14/section 11.

Clear as mud?

Bottom line: on future projects, use the section number in the file name. But keep doing what you're doing in this project. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

TriciaG wrote: July 7th, 2021, 12:24 pm I think she means that in the file name, the number should be the section number (rather than the chapter numbers), and if it's a single digit section number, it should have a leading zero (so for section 5, it should have _05_ for the number in the file name).

However, since you started this project using chapter numbers, I'd advise you to continue it. Because once you've got chapter 14 in with the number 14 in the file name, and you don't want to now start naming the sections that way because section 14 will overwrite your chapter 14/section 11.

Clear as mud?

Bottom line: on future projects, use the section number in the file name. But keep doing what you're doing in this project. :)
Thank you for clarifying.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Tricia :) Sorry I was unhelpful, Isabella
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 10 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

section 11 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Do either of you have experience with Audacity saying that there's already a version running when there isn't? I've reinstalled it too, and the same problem happened.
Isabella Garcia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Once every few months, my Audacity acts weird. Says another version is running, or loads a file but won't play or record.

For me, it has worked to close the program and everything else, clean the cache, restart my computer.

When I boot back up and open the program, it works.

I think Audacity uses a lot of memory to run, and if things get tight or messy in there, the program glitches.

(But I'm not a techy person, so if that doesn't work for you, hopefully Tricia has some input)
~Lynette * -