[COMPLETE]The Log of Of A Sea Waif by Frank T. Bullen - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
david wales

Post by david wales »

The Log Of A Sea-Waif; Being Recollections Of The First Four Years Of My Sea Life, by Frank Thomas Bullen (1857 - 1915)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-log-of-a-sea-waif-by-frank-thomas-bullen/
The brilliant author of "The Cruise of the Cachalot" and "Idylls of the Sea" presents in this new work (1899) the continuous story of the actual experiences of his first four years at sea. In graphic and picturesque phrases he has sketched the events of voyages to the West Indies, to Bombay and the Coromandel coast, to Melbourne and Rangoon. Nothing could be of more absorbing interest than this wonderfully vivid account of foks'l humanity and the adventures and strange sights and experiences attendant upon deep-sea voyages. It is easy to see in this book an English companion to our own "Two Years before the Mast." (Publisher's Advertisement) [Bullen (1857 - 1915)] led a roving and adventurous life from quite an early age, and many of the most thrilling episodes in his books were records of his own experiences. After various adventures on shore he went to sea in 1869, and for some years roughed it in various capacities in the merchant service, suffering great hardships, as vividly described in The Log of a Sea Waif and other books. (Royal Geographic Socity Obituary, 1915) (Summary by David Wales)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/36657

Target completion date: 2021-06-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography; *Non-fiction/Travel & Geography

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, seafaring, coming of age, the sea

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Log Of A Sea-Waif; Being Recollections Of The First Four Years Of My Sea Life. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Log Of A Sea-Waif; Being Recollections Of The First Four Years Of My Sea Life, by Frank Thomas Bullen. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Log Of A Sea-Waif, by Frank Thomas Bullen. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Log Of A Sea-Waif; Being Recollections Of The First Four Years Of My Sea Life, by Frank Thomas Bullen."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: logseawaif_##_bullen_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. logseawaif_01_bullen_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Peace, David
david wales

Post by david wales »

Dave at craigdav1 says he will dpl/mc. Thanks.

cover preclaim made 4-21
Last edited by david wales on April 21st, 2021, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace, David
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving to Going Solo forum.
david wales

Post by david wales »

Peace, David
david wales

Post by david wales »

Peace, David
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

0-1 PL OK!
david wales

Post by david wales »

Peace, David
david wales

Post by david wales »

Peace, David
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK!

Not sure I want dinner now.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK!

Nothing crawling in my dinner...whew!
david wales

Post by david wales »

4 upleaded

22.16 long

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/logseawaif_04_bullen_128kb.mp3

I remember my dad bringing back from one of his trips a couple bottles of demerara rum, which was much stronger than regular stuff and, according to my dad, tasted much better.
Peace, David
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4 PL OK!

Not easy to get today according to the www.
david wales

Post by david wales »

5 uploaded

26.14 long

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/logseawaif_05_bullen_128kb.mp3

Well, finally... The house is now painted (Deo gratias) and I have recovered from my second covid jab, which took me down for a couple of days with flu-like symptoms. But now ok except I'm a bit slower. But then at 77 I am always a bit slower than formerly. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Peace, David
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

5 PL OK! :clap:

I also just got my "second jab." Only some mild headaches.