COMPLETE [SOLO/RELIGION] The B. B. Warfield Collection, Volume 2-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

On section 10 you have snaps for repeats at 14.01, 15.05, and 17.12.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

InTheDesert wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:26 pm When you listen to part 2 and discover his fabulous list of PD recommendations, most of which are unrecorded on LV, YOU CAN'T HAVE 'EM THEY'RE MINE... I mean, go ahead!
Between the time spent in private devotion and study, and the public worship / gatherings, and the extensive personal reading they were to do, when did they have time for classes?

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

InTheDesert wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:26 pm
When you listen to part 2 and discover his fabulous list of PD recommendations, most of which are unrecorded on LV, YOU CAN'T HAVE 'EM THEY'RE MINE... I mean, go ahead!
I didn't see his poetry recommendations on your list. Intentional omission or oversight on my part? I'm looking at The Christian Year by Kelbe. I've wanted to read a book of poetry for a while and this seems as good as any. I've pulled a copy from Archive.

I'm also looking at Andrewses Private Devotions ...

MaryAnn
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:59 pm
I didn't see his poetry recommendations on your list. Intentional omission or oversight on my part? I'm looking at The Christian Year by Kelbe. I've wanted to read a book of poetry for a while and this seems as good as any. I've pulled a copy from Archive.

I'm also looking at Andrewses Private Devotions ...

MaryAnn
Poetry isn't really my thing so I didn't list them down but as I said, you're encouraged to read them all (including Private Devotions!).

Since his highest recommendation was of Schaff's Creeds, I have launched it as a group project in case you're interested.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

I can PL section 8 if you'd like. Just let me know...
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

justjennifer wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:47 am I can PL section 8 if you'd like. Just let me know...
Be my guest! If you had time and didn't mind the project, there are 3 recordings of mine in this project of sermons which I can't DPL like the rest because I recorded them. If you're interested, that would help get that project to the finish line.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

InTheDesert wrote: March 6th, 2021, 6:54 pm
justjennifer wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:47 am I can PL section 8 if you'd like. Just let me know...
Be my guest! If you had time and didn't mind the project, there are 3 recordings of mine in this project of sermons which I can't DPL like the rest because I recorded them. If you're interested, that would help get that project to the finish line.
Sure, I can do those as well!
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Section 8 PL notes:

12:24 Matthew 12:11 should be Mark 12:11
19:34 Acts 8 should be Acts 13
28:34 "which does not claim" should be "which does claim"
51:02 missing sentence - "Do these books in their internal character negative their claim?"
59:50 "has yet been able to" should be "has not yet been able to"
only 3 secs of silence at the end rather than preferred 5
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 5 PL spot check guide
Between 15:57 and 16:07, does the phrase beginning "and he here..." only appear once?
Between 08:05 and 08:13, does the phrase beginning "and ask only..." only appear once?

Section 9 PL spot check guide
Between 09:15 and 09:19, does the phrase "or the other" only appear once?

Section 10 PL spot check guide
Between 13:55 and 14:04, has the mistaken take been removed?
Between 14:57 and 15:06, has the mistaken take been removed?
Between 17:04 and 17:08, has the mistaken take been removed?
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Would you like me to DPL the rest of this? I have time. Don't want to steal it from MaryAnn, though... :wink:
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

justjennifer wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:50 pm Would you like me to DPL the rest of this? I have time. Don't want to steal it from MaryAnn, though... :wink:
You're very welcome to jump in: MaryAnn said 'I plan to continue listening as I have time, unless/until you get a DPL". Since you live in the same place and seem to have similar interests, I half wondering whether you were MaryAnn in another form!

Section 13 is recorded but not yet edited. I'm working on the others slowly - he can be challenging to read with his long sentences.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

InTheDesert wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:11 pm Since you live in the same place and seem to have similar interests, I half wondering whether you were MaryAnn in another form!
:lol:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jennifer,
I'll add you as DPL. I find him interesting, but a challenge to follow sometimes because of the long sentences ....
Sort of like Calvin and Luther, and many other very smart people who write above my batting average.
MaryAnn
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

ITD - for sections 5, 8, 9, and 10 spot checks, I'm still hearing the original errors, so perhaps there was an upload issue? Could be user error on my side as well...
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

justjennifer wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:35 am ITD - for sections 5, 8, 9, and 10 spot checks, I'm still hearing the original errors, so perhaps there was an upload issue? Could be user error on my side as well...
User error on my end. They are all uploaded correctly now!

A handy trick to check what happened is that you can go to the file list at https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/
If a file is reuploaded, the date is added to the old file which lets you see whether the user (like me) has forgotten to upload again (because there is only one file and no extrafile with the date added).