[Complete] Summa Contra Gentiles, First Book (On God), by Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225 - 1274) -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

96 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

XCVII. THAT GOD IS A LIVING BEING
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/SCG1_097_aquinas_128kb.mp3
3:10

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

97 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

XCVIII. THAT GOD IS HIS OWN LIFE
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/SCG1_098_aquinas_128kb.mp3
2:55

mscllc
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

XCIX. THAT GOD'S LIFE IS ETERNAL
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/SCG1_099_aquinas_128kb.mp3
3:17

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

98 and 99 are PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

mscllc

Post by mscllc »

CI. THAT GOD IS HIS OWN HAPPINESS
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/SCG1_101_aquinas_128kb.mp3
2:24

mscllc
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

So I am glad, Maria, to provide this final chapter on the eve of Pentecost, in timely fashion to the targeted completion date (May 23rd). 8-)

It is like desiring to give a timely gift to the Holy Spirit, who is the eternal Gift of God... :roll:

A desire not ignorant of St Paul's teaching: "Who confers distinction upon you? What do you possess that you have not received?" (1Cor 4:7), or, as the liturgy often prays, "Our desire to praise you is itself your gift"... :9:

CII. THAT GOD'S HAPPINESS IS PERFECT AND SINGULAR, SURPASSING ALL OTHER HAPPINESS
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/SCG1_102_aquinas_128kb.mp3
7:33

Thanks again for you patience! (PL = "patient labor") :hmm:

mscllc :thumbs:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Congratulations! Just in time for Pentecost!

They are all PL OK!

I'll see if I can get this cataloged today. It might take awhile however, since there are so many files. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/summa-contra-gentiles-first-book-on-god-by-saint-thomas-aquinas/
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project's missing the zip link, file size, and run time. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Tricia. Will try to figure out what is going on.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Thanks, Maria, for the link.

I therefore noticed at exactly the same time as TriciaG the missing zip file, file size and run time -- but my reply at that time did not go through because of a failing Internet connection where I was at that moment...

If there is anything I can do from my end, please let me know: in particular, it is important that whatever I export to you is technically within standards, so that you do not need to rework anything I have provided, in particular because I intend to continue contributing to LibriVox projects in the future, which is quickly turning into hundreds and hundreds of hours of my time (whereas I want my time to save others' time).

That is, without aspiring to be a MC, my goal from now on (even from two or three years ago), is that what I upload be proven flawless because I absolutely master what the PL and BC and MC are there to verify -- except knowing that prior to publication, LibriVox obviously needs to standardize all the metadata which ultimately appears on the files for all of its users on all of its associated venues in cyberspace.

For example, I would be willing to reexport all the 102 sections in this project in a different way (if there is a problem that has come from my end). Above all, I never want to create inadvertent difficulties for you (in the case that it is I who have created a problem somewhere, not a glitch in the system).

Otherwise, I am very satisfied with my result on this project: and yes, I do hope that it will soon be accessible to the public. At the same time, even if it were to take days or weeks to get it right (if I were required to rework anything, for example), I would be willing to do this, especially if that would also protect the original quality in which a hundred hours has already been invested, and for me not to repeat errors in the future.

Lastly, the most probable "inadvertent technical error" from my end would be the accidental exportation of an mp3 file in stereo instead of mono, given that Audacity "remembers" its last usage, while I sometimes work simultaneously on other projects that I export in stereo, and at different bit rates. Whereas I can easily check the bit rates in the file properties to guarantee having provided them at 128mb to LibriVox, I know of no way to determine whether my exported mp3 files were encoded in stereo or mono, for example -- if that were the source of an error when trying to automatically compile an overall project (like having the run time, size, zip file appear in the LibriVox catalog -- but here I am simply imagining what could cause a glitch to an algorithm).

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

No worries, it wasn't any issues with your files. Your files were perfect! :D Something just went wrong in the cataloging process.

I've just had some personal things going on the last few days, and haven't had the time to look at it closely (and why I missed it in the first place). I should be able to focus on it later today and get it fixed.

Sorry!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks