COMPLETE[PLAY]The Busie Body by Centlivre - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 2 ready for final PL. Working on the others now....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 is also ready for Final PL.

(Note - I will be out of touch 6-7 April, so not able to make any fixes until the 8th.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 4 is ready for final PL too.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 5 is ready for Final PL.

You all sounded wonderful in what was a very fun - though confusing - play!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I just listened to acts 1-3 and they sound wonderfully hilarious. :lol: Everybody was great in their roles. :thumbs:

I'll mark Act 3 straight PL ok.

A few notes for Acts 1 and 2 though:

Act 1:

> from 0:20-0:25: "As it is Acted at the THEATRE-ROYAL INDRURY-LANE, By Her Majesty's Servants" - not sure if we need that, since this audiobook is obviously not performed by this old troupe of actors

> from 0:54-1:01: "LONDON, Printed for BERNARD LINTOTT, at the Cross-Keys between the Two Temple-Gates in Fleet-street." - also I think we don't need to include the publisher's info

> at 7:26: "Miranda.... read by Jenn Broda" - the reader's name in the voice credit is missing. I think Jenn forgot to put it in the first Act, but it's complete in the second, if I remember correctly

Act 2:

>at 16:19: "sighs" - he already gave a sigh here, so I think this can be cut

Excellent editing otherwise. :thumbs:

Will PL the rest tomorrow

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and finished the other two acts as well... what mayhem in Act 4 :lol: I giggled quite a lot. And the finale was excellent too, now that I finally know all the intrigues in the correct sequence.

Wonderful play-acting by the entire group. :thumbs: excellent editing !

Act 5 is PL ok

A few notes for Act 4:

> at 15:20: "weeps aloud" - can be cut, I think I'm weeping enough here :lol: then the scene is even in more confusion if not interrupted by stage directions
> at 18:22: "re-enter at the lower door" - you can cut "Sir Jealous" here, as it's both Jealous and Patch that go out the door
> at 28:17: "sighs" - can be cut, Sir Francis gives a heart-felt sigh here

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 6th, 2021, 11:29 am I just listened to acts 1-3 and they sound wonderfully hilarious. :lol: Everybody was great in their roles. :thumbs:

I'll mark Act 3 straight PL ok.

A few notes for Acts 1 and 2 though:

Act 1:

> from 0:20-0:25: "As it is Acted at the THEATRE-ROYAL INDRURY-LANE, By Her Majesty's Servants" - not sure if we need that, since this audiobook is obviously not performed by this old troupe of actors

> from 0:54-1:01: "LONDON, Printed for BERNARD LINTOTT, at the Cross-Keys between the Two Temple-Gates in Fleet-street." - also I think we don't need to include the publisher's info

> at 7:26: "Miranda.... read by Jenn Broda" - the reader's name in the voice credit is missing. I think Jenn forgot to put it in the first Act, but it's complete in the second, if I remember correctly

Act 2:

>at 16:19: "sighs" - he already gave a sigh here, so I think this can be cut

Excellent editing otherwise. :thumbs:

Will PL the rest tomorrow

Sonia
Done - except that Jenn still doesn't have a Read By voice credit - I'll have to go look in some other play.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:30 am and finished the other two acts as well... what mayhem in Act 4 :lol: I giggled quite a lot. And the finale was excellent too, now that I finally know all the intrigues in the correct sequence.

Wonderful play-acting by the entire group. :thumbs: excellent editing !

Act 5 is PL ok

A few notes for Act 4:

> at 15:20: "weeps aloud" - can be cut, I think I'm weeping enough here :lol: then the scene is even in more confusion if not interrupted by stage directions
> at 18:22: "re-enter at the lower door" - you can cut "Sir Jealous" here, as it's both Jealous and Patch that go out the door
> at 28:17: "sighs" - can be cut, Sir Francis gives a heart-felt sigh here

thanks

Sonia
Done. Note that I took out my own "Ah" at what was 28:17 as well so we didn't have "ah - ah" once I removed the stage direction

Thanks, Todd

(Now off on the jenn broda voice credit hunt....)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Found her over in Woman's Way. All acts now ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

ToddHW wrote: April 8th, 2021, 7:00 am (Now off on the jenn broda voice credit hunt....)
ToddHW wrote: April 8th, 2021, 7:05 am Found her over in Woman's Way. All acts now ready for Spot PL.
Opps! So sorry! Had made a mental note to get that to you. Obviously that note got lost in my head somewhere :roll:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

All fine now. Just waiting on Spot PL - and then any fixes I have to make - before cataloging.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 8th, 2021, 7:00 am Done. Note that I took out my own "Ah" at what was 28:17 as well so we didn't have "ah - ah" once I removed the stage direction
I can't remember that you had another Ah there...I don't think it would have been strange to have both people sigh :lol:

But: all Spot PL ok now and this is ready for the catalogue :thumbs:

Brilliant job from all ! Thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Sonia and Todd, I admire how well you two work together. These plays are amazing. Thank you for all that you put into them.
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

GraceBuchanan wrote: April 9th, 2021, 4:31 am Sonia and Todd, I admire how well you two work together. These plays are amazing. Thank you for all that you put into them.
Thank you. We have a lot of fun working on these together. Sonia plays the perfect empathetic and encouraging DPL with the heart of gold, and I play the stern, authoritative, washed out and over-the-hill cigar-chopping editor. In other words, she does all the work and I take all the credit.

Thanks, Todd