COMPLETE - SOLO: The Red Lamp by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach,

I sat down today to work on our project, and found that it's not just p. 283 that is missing from the text I am reading from. Whoever scanned it in really messed up. So far I have discovered at least 5 missing pages, and well as pages out of order and repeated pages. It's just impossible for me to follow. Now that I realize this, I will order the book from my local library and continue from there. I just wanted to explain the holdup...

Jean
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry about the mix-up. I think the standard PL protocol is that you only have to look at the text if something sounds odd to you in the reading, so if you'd rather go ahead and listen I can check on anything you find that sounds wrong, based on the time stamp. Or if you'd rather wait till you have the book of course that's fine too. I haven't edited Chapter 16 yet because I figured I might as well wait in case there is another fix to make.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

I don't know about the protocol, but I'm more comfortable looking at the printed word while proof-listening. The book is available, and I'll have it soon :)
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

I got my book and finished section 16. It's all good (except for the previously mentioned error).

I should finish the book soon! :)
zachh

Post by zachh »

Great, I'll plan to make the fix tomorrow. Thank you very much.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I found a "Never" further along in the interrogation and dropped it in where that one was missing. Thanks for spotting the error. I think I'll leave section 15, having reviewed the text I think 'research' seems to fit, and since it's in the middle of a sentence it would be harder to fix neatly. Thank you very much.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Section: at 4:13, you say there is a bent "little" finger, but the word little does not belong. Should be very easy to fix!
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Oops! I'm referring to Section 17 with that last comment
zachh

Post by zachh »

I've taken out the "little" and re-uploaded the file. Thank you very much.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Yaaaaay! I'm done. Just two small corrections:

Section 19: At 7:25, you said "Bethel was Bethel," but it should be "Bethel as Bethel."

Section 20: At 10:37, you said "madman," but it should be "madwoman."
zachh

Post by zachh »

Great, thank you very much. I'll get those corrections made in the next day or so, I hope.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I'm sorry, but when I went to make the corrections I don't seem to find things to correct. In section 19 I have listened 8 or 10 times to that sentence, and it sounds to me like I am saying "Bethel as Bethel", and I can't seem to hear a W or uh sound, however hard I try.

In section 20 my book says "madman" both times. The sentence reads "He added it, after Helena Lear had told him of it, as he added the stone altar, a madman's conception of a madman's act". Maybe your copy has different text, but I think the way it is written in mine seems coherent, and to fit with the rest of the paragraph.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

That's fine. And great news, then we're all done! Congratulations!! What's next?
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much for all your help. I think the project is now ready to be catalogued, but there may be something else I need to do first that I have forgotten. I'm pretty new to LibriVox, so I'm still getting used to the procedures.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Zach,

I take it from here ... and if I see anything that I need you to address, I'll post in the thread.

MaryAnn