COMPLETE - SOLO: The Red Lamp by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
zachh

Post by zachh »

Don't worry about falling behind, I know sometimes there just isn't time for things. I'll go ahead and finish recording and editing and posting in the next week or ten days, and whenever you get to the PLing is fine with me. If at some point you realize you just don't have time anymore that's fine too, just post it here and I'll see it. Thank you very much for all of your help.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Don't worry - I'll get to them all!
zachh

Post by zachh »

Great, thank you. Sections 15-18 are ready for PL.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Sections 19 and 20 are ready for PL, and that's all she (Mary Roberts Rinehart) wrote (in this book), as the saying goes.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach,

Section 10 is fine.

Section 11 has one small mistake. You left off the words "We stood together" at 15:15. Easy fix.

Jean
zachh

Post by zachh »

Great, thank you very much. I've put that bit back in, I'm glad you caught that it was missing. My mind must have been out to lunch, or somewhere.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Section 12 is fine! I'm hoping to get another section done before I head out on vacation Monday...
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thanks for keeping on working on it, I appreciate the help.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Sorry for the delay. I'm back!

Just two very small corrections on section 13. I only mention them because they change the meaning of the sentence somewhat.

At 6:23, you used the word "revelations" instead of "relations."

At 22:26 you used the word "represents" instead of "presents."

I'll get to more sections tomorrow.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. I appreciate your catching these errors I made, I have uploaded the corrected file.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Just one TINY mistake at 15:30 (p 253 of the text). You stumbled over the word "yet." I think you said "get."
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thanks, I've patched in a "yet". It's not as smooth as I wish it was, but I couldn't seem to get it quite right. I could re-record the surrounding sentence, but my voice is a little different now than it was then, I had a bit of a scratchier throat at the time.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Section 15 has a tiny mistake - I don't think you need to fix it, though. because it doesn't change the meaning of the sentence. You used the word "research" instead of search in the vey first sentence.

Section 16 - You left out the word "never" at 6:13 (the sentence is on p. 274). That one kind of matters.

However, the biggest problem with Section 16 is that the text you are reading from is all messed up, and I can't find p. 283 at all. However did you read it? Do you have another version of it other than the one posted in Librivox? I couldn't finish proofreading the section. HELP! I got as far as p. 282, but then I couldn't find p. 283
zachh

Post by zachh »

I'm sorry, I read from a 1925 copy of the book so I didn't check the online text. My suggestion is to keep listening and if anything makes you say "huh?" then let me know and I can look up the text and see what I did wrong. If everything sounds OK then I'll just fix the "never" omission. Thank you very much for keeping on with this project.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Sounds like a plan!