[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 1 October 1896 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Anita23

Post by Anita23 »

Hi,

This is the link to the section 2 corrected version.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0201oct1896_2_various_128kb.mp3

Length is 29:04
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anita23 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:29 pmThis is the link to the section 2 corrected version.
Length is 29:04
thank you, Anita. I am relieved you are still around ;)

The re-recorded parts are very well edited :thumbs: so no problems there. But either you uploaded an earlier file, or you forgot quite a few cuts I noted down in my previous PL notes :hmm: A lot is still unchanged.

Could you please check and make the following adjustments still:

> from 0:00-0:05: at the beginning we recommend no more than 0.5-1 second of silence, otherwise it will be way too long for a listener for the audio to start. Please cut 4 seconds here

> the full intro is still missing. You have to read ALL of the following (you only have the last part correctly inserted but we also need the one I underlined): Section 2 of The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 1 October 1896. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 1 October 1896. Section 2. In the Garden of a Villa, by R. George Smith Junior"

> from 9:36-10:00: (p. 17) repeat of "With her head whirling with this rush of words, she flew to her home in the garden of the villa to divulge the discovery of this wonderful and entertaining perch to Pippo" – you can cut out one of the versions

> from 17:20-17:39: (p. 20) repeat of "Then it was rumoured that he frequented the restaurant at the Piazzale Galileo, not far from where the big David overlooks the fair city – one version can be cut

> from 19:51-20:00: (p. 21) repeat of "when it was considered safe to leave the baby lark alone for a little while – one version can be cut

> from 27:54-27:58: (p. 24) repeat of "she rested near a table" – one version can be cut

one last try (three is the charm)

thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:49 amHi! Just wanted to say, that if anything ends up orphaned, I'll be oh, so, very happy to adopt it. :D
thank you for your kind offer, Julie. In fact, here is your chance, as I haven't heard back from the reader for two months now, I am going to orphan Section 3 now and assign it you straightaway, so we stay Fully Claimed.

Happy to have your voice in yet another Black Cat :9:

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

While I am sorry they get to miss out on a reading for such a wonderful project, I'm happy to be of service. :9:
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Here is Section 3. A rather interesting tale. I hope you enjoy it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0201oct1896_3_various_128kb.mp3 11:51
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 8:40 amHere is Section 3. A rather interesting tale. I hope you enjoy it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0201oct1896_3_various_128kb.mp3 11:51
wooooo, gave me a shudder. An old-fashioned voodoo ghost story, yes I like it very much. :9: And thank you so much for giving this a quick turn-around Julie. This story is perfectly PL ok right away. :thumbs:

Now we are only waiting for Anita to come back with her edits...I do hope she can do them before tomorrow, then we can get this on the March Challenge list still. So close !!!

And I'll see you in the next Black Cat of course :mrgreen:

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Of course.
Anita23

Post by Anita23 »

Hi Kitty,

This is the link to the correction of section 2

Length is 28:52

Thank you
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anita23 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 2:39 pmThis is the link to the correction of section 2
Length is 28:52
thank you, Anita, now the important intro is all in and the repeats are all cut :thumbs:

I only noticed that your bitrate is wrong now (192 kbps instead of 128) in Audacity these settings should have been saved unless you changed them manually :hmm:

I corrected the bitrate now myself and reuploaded, so nothing to worry about, your section is now PL ok.

But please make sure your settings are correctly saved in Audacity, for further recordings.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And so now we have reached the end of this issue, and you are probably all eager to know my small teasers for your sections :mrgreen:
> The House that Jack built: a young man learns the intriguing story of an uncanny old house
> In the Garden of a Villa: a female lark sees her tragic love life reflected in the life of a duchess
> A Peg-Leg Ghost: strange events finally make a sceptical man believe in the supernatural
> How the Run was stopped: to save the bank from bankruptcy, a clerk resorts to an ingenious ruse
> My friend, Walker: a man achieves the impossible of communicating with horses, but at an awful price
> In an Hour: in his last hour, a dying scholar muses about his life
Thank you all for your wonderful narrations: John, Anita, Julie, Todd, Sarah and Greg :clap:

Will launch the cataloguing now and post the link once it's done.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it worked super fast this time :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-01-oct1896-by-various/

Moving over to Completed Projects now :) see you along the road

Sonia
Anita23

Post by Anita23 »

Hi Kitty,

Thank you for the correction.

Anita 23