COMPLETE: Wild Life on a Norfolk Estuary - by Arthur Henry Patterson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TND1
Location: Living the (Broadland) dream somewhere between the Middle of Nowhere & the Back of Beyond

Post by TND1 »

Thanks for the PL on 8 ~ 11 : Sections 12 ~ 14 now uploaded.

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Section 12 PL Ok!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Section 13 PL OK!

Section 14, one little fix—

35:54 - knocking sound then repeat of previous sentence, I guess a correction that wasn’t edited in?

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

TND1
Location: Living the (Broadland) dream somewhere between the Middle of Nowhere & the Back of Beyond

Post by TND1 »

ColleenMc wrote: February 24th, 2021, 1:42 pm Section 14, one little fix — 35:54 - knocking sound then repeat of previous sentence, I guess a correction that wasn’t edited in?
Hi Colleen

Yes - You guess correctly! It was an edit that got away! :)

Not quite sure how that obvious one eluded my quality-control check - but well done for picking it up!

Since the file is now some 16 secs shorter, the sentence now starts at 35:38.

And as a bit of a bonus - I'll chuck in (hopefully knock-free) the next sections as well.

Because Section 15 commences just by stating (a time of) 7:30, I have taken the liberty of repeating
the heading that the section start is concerned with: A Quiet Sunday - August 6th 1905 continued ...

Thanks for the PL on 12 ~ 14 - Revised Section 14 and Sections 15 ~ 17 now uploaded.

Cheers

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back o this! Section 14 is now PL OK!

I have about a 2 hour round car trip to the place where we are getting our first vaccination shot today (yay!) and I’m riding rather than driving so I’m hoping to knock out some more prooflistening in the way!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

TND1

Post by TND1 »

ColleenMc wrote: March 12th, 2021, 1:04 pm Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back o this! Section 14 is now PL OK!
That's not a problem at all! We're only just halfway through the book, so you can fit it in the PLing when you can. :)
I have about a 2 hour round car trip to the place where we are getting our first vaccination shot today (yay!) and I’m riding rather than driving so I’m hoping to knock out some more prooflistening in the way!
Well I beat you all ends up on that one!! I went for my first jab about three weeks ago - which meant a round trip of 10 minutes - on my (t)rusty pushbike! :D

I hope that you have a safe journey and have a chance to enjoy a bit of Breydon on the way!

Cheers

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I changed the window but forgot to say here that 15 and 16 are PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

TND1

Post by TND1 »

ColleenMc wrote: March 16th, 2021, 12:54 pm I changed the window but forgot to say here that 15 and 16 are PL OK!
Thanks for the PL on 14 ~ 16.

How did you get on with the vaccination the other day? Any idea when you have to go for your second shot?

It's about another 10 weeks before I get my second one and if they don't run a local session then it'll likely be about a two hour round trip for me next time! :(

Cheers

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I am supposed to get a text message for the second shot but we will see....Georgia is a hot mess with their system. No side effects so that was good. Hope you don’t have to go too far for your next one!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

TND1

Post by TND1 »

Section 18 uploaded.

This one concludes the first part of the book and somehow I mis-calculated the word count, so it's ended up being the longest section of the project by far! :)

Cheers

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

yay! Excited for more!

I stayed down in Florida for an extra day or two, my wife and our housemate went home yesterday and last night messaged that we are scheduled for our second shots on 4/6. Back to Macon, but that's good because that means that appointments are being filled up at the downtown stadium (where the Atlanta football (US football) team plays--huge) and that means people are getting them in my area, which is fine with me. We have the time and ability to drive out of town for our shots and people in the rural areas (very red) are being slower to sign up. I'm so looking forward to being fully vaccinated and then hopefully able to get out there and help others to do the same.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Speaking of Florida, I'm not sure if you are a birdwatcher yourself or just like Mr. Patterson a lot, but where I am in Florida is AMAZING. Sanibel Island, off the southwest coast. It's a waystation for migratory birds going both directions, so this time of year most of the birds from northern US/Canada have pretty much departed (some go as far as the Arctic circle) while the birds from South America are starting to arrive. I've seen a lot of new to me birds I've never seen before. It's really cool. Since all of us work from home at this point and can go anywhere, we are seriously talking about pooling our money and renting a condo down here for a month next year to really soak it in. Great way to get to see all my NJ and MD siblings too, since they all make the trip down to visit mom at some point over the winter! It's a nice dream, I hope we can make it work.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

TND1

Post by TND1 »

ColleenMc wrote: March 28th, 2021, 8:29 am > ...we are scheduled for our second shots on 4/6.
Well that's looking good - I have yet to get the date of my second dose which will hopefully be sometime in May.

Speaking of Florida, I'm not sure if you are a birdwatcher yourself or just like Mr. Patterson a lot ...
No, not a serious birdwatcher as such but you can't avoid the number and variety of birds that use the Broads either as a waystation or as a location for taking up residence from spring through to autumn. Like the birds in Florida, some of ours go to spend summer in the artic circle, whilst others such as swifts and swallows arrive here from South Africa.

As you can appreciate from his writing, AHP's knowledge of local birdlife was phenomenal and there seemed to be very few birds whose comings and goings that he wasn't conversant with.

...we are seriously talking about pooling our money and renting a condo down here for a month next year to really soak it in.
Sounds a good plan - I think that I've read somewhere that Florida is one of the main 'go to' winter destinations for Americans looking for a warmer location at that time of the year. I guess that you could drive down from Georgia to the condo?

yay! Excited for more!
Well, here you go then! :)

Sections 19 ~ 21 uploaded - Chapter 1 Parts 1 ~ 3 of the East Coast Notes section of the book.

Cheers

TND
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Sorry I've been in the wind for a couple of weeks -- combo of life stuff, getting back and resettled from Florida, paid jobs in writing and dogsitting -- every day I'd be like, "today's the day!" and then...it would get away from me. But I finished up a lot of stuff last week and I'm baaaaaack so I will be getting on these very soon! Sorry for the delay.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

TND1

Post by TND1 »

ColleenMc wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:35 am Sorry I've been in the wind for a couple of weeks -- combo of life stuff, getting back and resettled from Florida, paid jobs in writing and dogsitting -- every day I'd be like, "today's the day!" and then...it would get away from me. But I finished up a lot of stuff last week and I'm baaaaaack so I will be getting on these very soon! Sorry for the delay.

Colleen
Absolutely no worries about this at all! :) Just fit them in when you have a chance to sit, relax & enjoy the sections!

I have finished recording all the sections of this book and it's taking me a fair bit of time to edit them anyway.

Also, have you had any thoughts on the book that I suggested to you?

Cheers

TND