COMPLETE - Virgin Soil Vol 2 by Turgenev - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mazu

Post by Mazu »

Hello Peter, This is my first post on this forum and I hope I have posted it in the correct location. Greetings from Sydney , Australia. I just want to thank you so much for recording Ivan Turgenev's book "Virgin Soil". I have been searching for an audio version of this book for such a long time. I was so happy when I contacted Librivox in January this year to make an enquiry about the book and they informed me it was a current project. I then visited the website from time to time to check, and a few weeks ago I found that you had completed the project. I am half-way through Volume 1 and enjoying it so much. It is such a wonderful book, capturing the social mood that led to the 1917 events in Russia. You read it so perfectly, Russian names and all. I am of French background and your reading of the French passages is also perfect. And you portray each of the different characters so well with the modulation of your voice. I do knot know how you can keep that up so evenly . Librivox is such a great initiative , and readers like you and all the other volunteers who work to realise all the projects enable people like me to enjoy the world of books. Thank you Peter with all of my heart for your generosity of time and talent. Gisele (Mazu)