Complete[Ukrainian][SOLO] Ніч перед рождеством. Гоголь М.-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TanG

Post by TanG »

Вечері на хуторі біля Диканьки. ч2. Ніч перед рождеством. by Микола Гоголь (1809 - 1852). Translated by Володимир Держирука (1882 - 1932)

Ніч перед Різдвом на хуторі біля Диканьки сповненна несподіванками, тут ви можете зустріти відьму і чорта, а також за одну мить опинитися у самої цариці. Це історія звичайних жителів українського хутора у незвичайну ніч.
The night before Christmas in the hamlet near Dykanka is full of surprises, here you can meet a witch and an imp, as well as in one moment visit the Tsarina. This is the story of ordinary residents of a Ukrainian village on the Holy Night. ( TanG)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/2-evenings-on-a-farm-near-dikanka-christmas-eve-by-nikolai-vasilievich-gogol/

• Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/vecherinakhutori00gogouoft/page/n3/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): translatedtext

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

============================================

Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: Christmas, Gogol, Гоголь, Вечори, Диканьки, різдво, повість

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Початок книги (Вступ):
    * "Гоголь Микола Васильович: Вечері на хуторі біля Диканьки. ч2. Ніч перед рождеством. Переклав Володимир Держирука.- Цей звукозапис зроблено для сайту ЛібріВокс. Усі звукозаписи ЛібріВокс є суспільним надбанням. Щоб отримати більш докладну інформацію або зареєструватися в якості волонтера, будь ласка, відвідайте веб-сайт: лібрівоксКРАПКАорг."
    "Звукозапис зробив(-ла) [Ваше ім'я]"

* Короткий варіант:
    Гоголь Микола Васильович "Ніч перед рождеством.Уривок [номер уривку]." Цей звукозапис зроблено для сайту ЛібріВокс. Усі звукозаписи ЛібріВокс є суспільним надбанням."Звукозапис зробив(-ла) [Ваше ім'я]"

Кінець звукозапису:
    * В кінці глави, скажіть:
    “Кінець [Номер уривку у формі порядкового числівника в родовому відмінку] уривку. "

В кінці книги, скажіть (додатково):
    "Кінець Вечері на хуторі біля Диканьки. ч2. Ніч перед рождеством. Гоголя Миколи Васильовича. Переклад Володимира Держирука"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename nichperedrozhdestvom_##_gogol_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. nichperedrozhdestvom_01_gogol_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Микола Гоголь
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Вечері на хуторі біля Диканьки. ч2. Ніч перед рождеством.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by TanG on January 12th, 2021, 6:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tan,
I am obsessed with Gogol after watching the movies about him. I admit it is not the usual way to find him, but I am glad that I did. I have been considering launching Evenings Near the Village Dikanka.
Your magic window is up.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
TanG

Post by TanG »

Thank you, Amy.
I am eager to start =)
Actually I was considering turning it to the drama reading, however here is not enough readers in Ukrainian yet.
So I decided to go solo. Still, I hope it would happen some day. (and in other languages too =))))
Tan.
TanG

Post by TanG »

May I ask you a question, Amy,
Am I right that I have to choose your nick for loading files?
It's first time solo for me. I recorded something for group projects, but I'm still trying to figure out solo projects.
Thanks,
Tan.
TanG

Post by TanG »

Hope, I was right
the 00 chapter (Передне слово) is here
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/nichperedrozhdestvom_00_gogol_128kb.mp3
07:44
How do I add it to the MW?
Thanks,
Tan.
Last edited by TanG on December 27th, 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tan,
Yes, alg1001 is the right upload id. I will send you information on how to access and update the magic window. Sorry for not doing it sooner.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
TanG

Post by TanG »

alg1001 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 12:44 pm Hi Tan,
Yes, alg1001 is the right upload id. I will send you information on how to access and update the magic window. Sorry for not doing it sooner.
Thanks,
-Amy
Thank you very much, Amy,
the information was very useful.
So far everything is clear =)
Tan.
TanG

Post by TanG »

Hello, Amy.
It seems that it's better to keep a record on what I am doing. Here it is.
I had to record the first chapter to understand how it's better to divide the text. It turned out relatively close to what I have already planned.
I don't want long sections, because it's easier to read and edit the smaller ones.
So, now the MW is all set.

Besides, I created a topic in Listeners Wanted forum, hope I did it right.
If you have some suggestions I'm happy to hear/read them =)
Thanks,
Tan.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tan,
It sounds like you are doing great. I will move you to Going Solo. It is wonderful that you advertised for a proof listener.
Cheers!
-Amy :)
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi!
I'll be happy to PL Sec 0 somewhat later today.
Thanks for reading this wonderful story :D
TanG

Post by TanG »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:33 am Hi!
I'll be happy to PL Sec 0 somewhat later today.
Thanks for reading this wonderful story :D
Hi, Hanna.
Thank you!!!
I hope that we will be able to turn it into a DR some day ;))
Tan.
HannaPonomarenko

Everything is good with Sec 0, only small adjustments should be made.
Sec 0 PL notes:
  • @3:17 I hear Оспи, I read (and guess :) ) Осип:)
  • @4:13 I hear залушивши, I read заложивши
Please do simple cut&paste, no need to rerecord the whole thing.

You did very wisely dividing the text into parts. I suggest to rename them as "секцiя". One may think that the text has "глава" dividers, while it doesn't. It's up to you.

Thanks!
P.S. As to DR it's a great goal for our, although too small now, team)
TanG

Post by TanG »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:40 am Everything is good with Sec 0, only small adjustments should be made.
Sec 0 PL notes:
  • @3:17 I hear Оспи, I read (and guess :) ) Осип:)
  • @4:13 I hear залушивши, I read заложивши
Please do simple cut&paste, no need to rerecord the whole thing.

You did very wisely dividing the text into parts. I suggest to rename them as "секцiя". One may think that the text has "глава" dividers, while it doesn't. It's up to you.

Thanks!
P.S. As to DR it's a great goal for our, although too small now, team)
Hi, Hanna.
Thank you for PL,
the text really demands "guessing" some words and double checking is really necessary. You are right "Осип" is more fitting, for some reason I couldn't decipher it :shock:
this part is ready for spot PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/nichperedrozhdestvom_00_gogol_128kb.mp3

I considered your suggestion, I didn't like the word "Глава" too and decided to replace it with "уривок" for now. :hmm: Actually "частина" could be better but that word is already used in the title of the book.
Tan.
HannaPonomarenko

TanG wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:08 am
You are right "Осип" is more fitting, for some reason I couldn't decipher it :shock:
It's ok, that's what PL is for) Sec 0 PL OK.
I considered your suggestion, I didn't like the word "Глава" too and decided to replace it with "уривок" for now. :hmm: Actually "частина" could be better but that word is already used in the title of the book.
Tan.
Yeah, we already discussed this matter during Сказки Афанасьева. Выпуск первый, BC makes the desicion. I would like to say Titles in MW lack numbers e.i. "уривок перший". PL needs this info for their job.

Thank you. It's a good start :clap:
TanG

Post by TanG »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 29th, 2020, 11:03 am I would like to say Titles in MW lack numbers e.i. "уривок перший". PL needs this info for their job.
Oh, ok, changed.
Thank you for all your help!!! :9:
Tan.