[SOLO] The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells (Version 3) - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » January 10th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » January 10th, 2021, 6:33 pm

Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

cadastra
Posts: 1018
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 10th, 2021, 11:12 pm

Oooh! Lots to enjoy! I can't wait!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » January 15th, 2021, 7:29 pm

Section 10 - Chapters 24, 25 & 26:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/invisibleman_10_wells_128kb.mp3
Time: 22:15

Final chapters just need to be edited, should have them up within the next few days. Almost there!
Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » January 16th, 2021, 1:26 pm

...and finally, Section 11 - Chapters 27, 28 & Epilogue:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/invisibleman_11_wells_128kb.mp3
Time: 34:35

I decided to go with longer sections than I originally intended, so turns out I won't need Section 12 after all. Also, I've revised the temporary summary from the first post. Let me know if you think it's too short, I can expand if need be, but figured I'd keep it concise - I think this story pretty well speaks for itself :D
Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

cadastra
Posts: 1018
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » February 19th, 2021, 8:03 am

At long last, the rest of the sections have been proof-listened! Sections 7, 8, 9, and 10 are PL OK. Just one PL note for section 11--even though you say, "End of The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells," you still need to say, "End of Chapters XXVII, XVIII and Epilogue" right before that. The end of book outro is additional. Thank you so much for your patience--I really enjoy listening to your reading! The book was riveting--I have read two other books by H. G. Wells in the past, but this one was by far the best!

As for your summary, I think it sounds great! Short and sweet but intriguing!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » February 19th, 2021, 7:34 pm

cadastra wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 8:03 am
At long last, the rest of the sections have been proof-listened! Sections 7, 8, 9, and 10 are PL OK. Just one PL note for section 11--even though you say, "End of The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells," you still need to say, "End of Chapters XXVII, XVIII and Epilogue" right before that. The end of book outro is additional. Thank you so much for your patience--I really enjoy listening to your reading! The book was riveting--I have read two other books by H. G. Wells in the past, but this one was by far the best!

As for your summary, I think it sounds great! Short and sweet but intriguing!
Wonderful! Thanks for listening - I'm glad you enjoyed it! This has always been my favourite from Wells, but I do have a lot of love for The Time Machine...and The War of the Worlds...and The Sleeper Awakes...I'll stop myself there :lol:

I've corrected the outro - the updated version has been added to the MW as well as linked below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/invisibleman_11_wells_128kb.mp3
New Time: 34:41

Thanks again!!
Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20137
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » February 20th, 2021, 11:21 am

I apologize for being away this past week. The cold weather broke my Internet connection and it still out I will get someone else to catalog this book with Will is ready for y’all soon
All I'm saying is that the house doesn't fill up with annoying fruit flies when I buy donuts

Need Help? Check out these little videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

cadastra
Posts: 1018
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » February 20th, 2021, 1:58 pm

OooThatsNifty wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 7:34 pm
cadastra wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 8:03 am
At long last, the rest of the sections have been proof-listened! Sections 7, 8, 9, and 10 are PL OK. Just one PL note for section 11--even though you say, "End of The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells," you still need to say, "End of Chapters XXVII, XVIII and Epilogue" right before that. The end of book outro is additional. Thank you so much for your patience--I really enjoy listening to your reading! The book was riveting--I have read two other books by H. G. Wells in the past, but this one was by far the best!

As for your summary, I think it sounds great! Short and sweet but intriguing!
Wonderful! Thanks for listening - I'm glad you enjoyed it! This has always been my favourite from Wells, but I do have a lot of love for The Time Machine...and The War of the Worlds...and The Sleeper Awakes...I'll stop myself there :lol:

I've corrected the outro - the updated version has been added to the MW as well as linked below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/invisibleman_11_wells_128kb.mp3
New Time: 34:41

Thanks again!!
Yay, it sounds perfect now! PL OK! I love The Time Machine, too. I'm PLing The War of the Worlds right now and it's my first time reading--enjoying it so far!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 478
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » February 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm

philchenevert wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 11:21 am
I apologize for being away this past week. The cold weather broke my Internet connection and it still out I will get someone else to catalog this book with Will is ready for y’all soon
No problem at all Phil, and no rush - I hope things start to thaw out for you soon!

And thanks for the final PL OK Cadastra!

Quite excited to see this one ready for the catalogue - major thanks to both of you! :mrgreen:
Librivox Cleanup Month - Let's March to the Finish Line!

cadastra
Posts: 1018
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » February 20th, 2021, 5:54 pm

OooThatsNifty wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm
philchenevert wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 11:21 am
I apologize for being away this past week. The cold weather broke my Internet connection and it still out I will get someone else to catalog this book with Will is ready for y’all soon
No problem at all Phil, and no rush - I hope things start to thaw out for you soon!

And thanks for the final PL OK Cadastra!

Quite excited to see this one ready for the catalogue - major thanks to both of you! :mrgreen:
Thank YOU for the fun project!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20137
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » February 20th, 2021, 7:11 pm

This project is now in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-invisible-man-by-h-g-wells/

:clap: :clap: To all.
All I'm saying is that the house doesn't fill up with annoying fruit flies when I buy donuts

Need Help? Check out these little videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

Post Reply