[Complete] Short Science Fiction Collection 075-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
martral
Posts: 17
Joined: January 9th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Post by martral » January 15th, 2021, 11:51 am

Hi Amy,
I would like to read:
Title: Morale
A Story of the War of 1941-43

Author: Murray Leinster

Release Date: March 28, 2007
Regards,
Ralph Martin

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 15th, 2021, 8:01 pm

SoundsLikeJack wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:30 am
If you are sure that's okay then sign me up!
alg1001 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 8:46 pm
SoundsLikeJack wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm
If it hasn't been recorded before I'd like to read 'The Eyes Have It' by Philip K. Dick 1953

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/31516/31516-h/31516-h.htm
It has been recorded before, but not for the 075 collection. Duplicates of stories are always welcome.
There is no need to preclaim in this collection. You can record your story and upload it when its ready.
Cheers,
-Amy

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 15th, 2021, 8:04 pm

martral wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:51 am
Hi Amy,
I would like to read:
Title: Morale
A Story of the War of 1941-43

Author: Murray Leinster

Release Date: March 28, 2007
Hi Martral,
That will be good for the collection. Please submit your recording when it is ready.
Cheers,
-Amy

JamesJenkins
Posts: 163
Joined: October 14th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA United States

Post by JamesJenkins » January 16th, 2021, 6:34 am

The Super Opener
by Michael Zuroy (no other works on PG)
Read by James Jenkins
Time 25:23

Audio at
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_superopener_zuroy_james_128kb.mp3

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/60507

FYI - I know there a couple of minor stumbles remaining in this recording, attempts to correct them were not able to replicate the tempo and tone.
Last edited by JamesJenkins on January 21st, 2021, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post uses 100% recycled electrons

ColleenMc
Posts: 2164
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 16th, 2021, 6:38 am

I found an obituary for Michael Zuroy - his dates are 1918-2007.

https://www.rutlandherald.com/obituaries/michael-zuroy/article_24140008-f87c-5d13-9a7f-5747de699569.html

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 16th, 2021, 8:22 am

ColleenMc wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 6:38 am
I found an obituary for Michael Zuroy - his dates are 1918-2007.

https://www.rutlandherald.com/obituaries/michael-zuroy/article_24140008-f87c-5d13-9a7f-5747de699569.html

Colleen
He actually has a wiki page in the French version, oddly enough.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Zuroy
Interesting. He is now in the catalog. :)

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 16th, 2021, 8:24 am

JamesJenkins wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 6:34 am
The Super Opener
by Michael Zuroy (no other works on PG)
Read by James Jenkins
Time 25:23

Audio at
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_superopener_zuroy_james_128kb.mp3

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/60507
Thanks for your story, James!

Jmazzocchi
Posts: 19
Joined: January 9th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Post by Jmazzocchi » January 16th, 2021, 9:29 am

I would be interested in reading Theodore Savage. I believe this would fall under a full book solo project as well. If so, do I just post it in New Projects Launch Pad? Thanks! Sorry, new to this so any help/feedback appreciated.

sdwilcox
Posts: 41
Joined: November 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by sdwilcox » January 16th, 2021, 10:47 am

Hi! I am attempting to upload a file that I recorded for the sci-fi short story "The Odyssey of Sam Meecham", but for the first time, I am having trouble with the uploader.

It is telling me that there is the following problem with my file, labeled ssf075_sammeecham_fritch_sdw_128kb.mp3

= Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. I put the file into the Checker and it passed, so...

Any advice/help is welcome! Thanks.

- Stacy Dugan-Wilcox (sdwilcox)

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 16th, 2021, 10:50 am

It would have to go on the launch pad. Here is the thread on how to set it up.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513
Duke University scanned in the text.
https://archive.org/details/theodoresavagest00hami/page/n5/mode/2up
It looks like a great book. Good luck!
-Amy

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 16th, 2021, 10:55 am

sdwilcox wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 10:47 am
Hi! I am attempting to upload a file that I recorded for the sci-fi short story "The Odyssey of Sam Meecham", but for the first time, I am having trouble with the uploader.

It is telling me that there is the following problem with my file, labeled ssf075_sammeecham_fritch_sdw_128kb.mp3

= Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. I put the file into the Checker and it passed, so...

Any advice/help is welcome! Thanks.

- Stacy Dugan-Wilcox (sdwilcox)
Hi Stacy,
My guess would be there is a space in the filename somewhere. It doesn't look like it, but maybe there is. It may be worth a try to rename the file and trying again.
Sorry for the trouble.
-Amy

merecat
Posts: 6
Joined: November 14th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Post by merecat » January 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Hi!

Would it be possible to read "2 B R 0 2 B" by Kurt Vonnegut? I figured I'd check before doing anything.

Thank you!

sdwilcox
Posts: 41
Joined: November 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by sdwilcox » January 16th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Here is a sci fi short story: "The Odyssey of Sam Meecham" by Charles E. Fritch

19:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sammeecham_fritch_sdw_128kb.mp3

Link to text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/29355/29355-h/29355-h.htm

P.S. I was having trouble uploading this and kept getting a JSON error. For future reference, I solved it by logging out of LibriVox, then back in. I think my login may have expired and then I no longer had permission to upload, but it wasn't telling me that with words, but in unintelligible computer jargon.

Thanks!

- Stacy Dugan-Wilcox (sdwilcox)

ColleenMc
Posts: 2164
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 16th, 2021, 3:40 pm

sdwilcox wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Here is a sci fi short story: "The Odyssey of Sam Meecham" by Charles E. Fritch

19:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sammeecham_fritch_sdw_128kb.mp3

Link to text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/29355/29355-h/29355-h.htm

P.S. I was having trouble uploading this and kept getting a JSON error. For future reference, I solved it by logging out of LibriVox, then back in. I think my login may have expired and then I no longer had permission to upload, but it wasn't telling me that with words, but in unintelligible computer jargon.

Thanks!

- Stacy Dugan-Wilcox (sdwilcox)
Stacy,

That is exactly what happens -- when your log in to the upload page times out, it doesn't say so, it just starts giving you errors such as you experienced. Closing the tab/window and reopening from the link on the thread for the book/collection you are trying to post to clears it up!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9687
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 16th, 2021, 7:54 pm

merecat wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm
Hi!

Would it be possible to read "2 B R 0 2 B" by Kurt Vonnegut? I figured I'd check before doing anything.

Thank you!
Most certainly, Merecat. That is a popular one.

Post Reply