COMPLETE: The Roswell Report: Case Closed by James McAndrew - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

I ended up on an unplanned trip this week, so won’t get started till next week
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Travel safe. No worries. All good here.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

jo, did a little word counting and below is how each section breaks down. As this is my first solo go, just want to make sure my section organization is sound before jumping off. Will these word counts per section work? Also, in the preamble is it ok to refer to each as section instead of chapter? Thanks

- Forward, Guide for Readers, and Introduction - (1401)
- 1.1 The “Crash Sites,” Scenarios, and Research Methods - (4621)
- 1.2 High Altitude Balloon Dummy Drops - (1674)
- 1.3 High Altitude Balloon Operations - (3165)
- 1.4 Comparison of Witnesses Accounts to U.S. Air Force Activities - (4090)
- 2.1 The “Missing” Nurse and the Pediatrician - (5699)
- 2.2 Aircraft Accidents - 2370)
- 2.3 High Altitude Research Projects- (1858)
- 2.4 Comparison of the Hospital Account to the Balloon Mishap - (3966)
- Conclusion - (848)
- Appendix B - Witness Statements - (9296)
- Appendix C - Interviews - (13592)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You might want to split up the appendices into more than one section each. The rest look fine to me. As a rule of thumb, average reading speed is ~150 words per minute. That would bring the last section in at around 90 min. We usually suggest keeping single files to less than 74 min so they will fit on a CD if so desired.

Saying section rather than chapter is fine. You can edit the top post to change it in the intros and outros.
Jo
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

ok, i think i have everything organized to a point where i am ready to start recording. thanks for being patient while i worked through the process. if i have missed anything, please let me know.
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

not sure if it's me or the system, but i can't login into the workflow area for BC's and MC's. I get the below error when I click on the login area... I was trying to add the link for Section 0 to the Magic Window

"You don't have permissions for this area."
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Let me check. I may have forgotten to go back and add you to the project after I 've you BC status.
Jo
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:17 pm Let me check. I may have forgotten to go back and add you to the project after I 've you BC status.
ok, thanks. i was able to login yesterday cuz i updated the titles and notes in the magic window. not sure why i can't login now.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Were you logged into the uploader with the generic uploader login? If so, when you get the "You don't have permissions for this area" message, there should be a link to log out under it. Click that, and then log back in using your username and workflow password.
Jo
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:00 pm Were you logged into the uploader with the generic uploader login? If so, when you get the "You don't have permissions for this area" message, there should be a link to log out under it. Click that, and then log back in using your username and workflow password.
That worked. I was able to logout and login and added the link. Lot of moving parts! Whew! Thanks!
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

I have a question. During prooflistening section "1.2 High Altitude Balloon Dummy Drops" I finished listing to what I thought was the entire section for "Dummy Drop Procedures". My expectation was for the reading to begin the next section "The Bravest Man" on the bottom of page 39 which begins "America was introduced to Col. John Paul Stop..." but the reading picked up after what looks like a section break but has no specific title, page 41, that starts "Despite these efforts, the dummies were not always recovered immediately;..."

Since this isn't a typical format I'm not confident that I understand the structure and that the reading is correct and that the misunderstanding is mine. If you can review and get back with me with a clarification I would appreciate it and will proceed accordingly. Thank you.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

DOLZ wrote: January 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm I have a question. During prooflistening section "1.2 High Altitude Balloon Dummy Drops" I finished listing to what I thought was the entire section for "Dummy Drop Procedures". My expectation was for the reading to begin the next section "The Bravest Man" on the bottom of page 39 which begins "America was introduced to Col. John Paul Stop..." but the reading picked up after what looks like a section break but has no specific title, page 41, that starts "Despite these efforts, the dummies were not always recovered immediately;..."

Since this isn't a typical format I'm not confident that I understand the structure and that the reading is correct and that the misunderstanding is mine. If you can review and get back with me with a clarification I would appreciate it and will proceed accordingly. Thank you.
This report has several imbedded, what I call, sidebar additions. Actually, just about each subsection has one. Guessing, but I think each sidebar is about 1000 words in length and tend to be newspaper or magazine articles. When I reviewed the report and organized the reading sections I didn’t have a good place to add these sidebars cuz it would have broken up the flow of the actual written report, so I opted not to included them. I don’t think the report is any lesser for not including them, but I guess I could add them as part sections after each section that has a sidebar and include them...

Jo, any guidance?