[COMPLETE] Lightfoot, the Leaping Goat by Richard Barnum-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
loon

Post by loon »

LynSerene wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:16 am I've completed and uploaded the recording

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_07_barnum_128kb.mp3

For the catalogue, please list me as Lindsay May

Thanks!
Lindsay May -

Chapter 7 - Lightfoot on a Boat - PL OK.

This is your first chapter for LibriVox, correct? Yay!

I see that Larry our Book Coordinator cautioned you about audio levels after your 1-minute test. Just so you know, the Checker program reports your level for this chapter is 90.2 dB, so it's safely in the 86-92 dB range.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon

Post by loon »

LynSerene wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:16 am I've completed and uploaded the recording

Thanks!
P.S. It's helpful if you include the duration of your chapter when you post a link to your upload. Chapter 7 is 13:23.
loon

Post by loon »

Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

loon wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:03 am Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
Thanks, Rich!

Larry, this was a quick fix, and I happened to be around, so I went ahead and fixed it. Looks like it was a simple drag-and-drop error. I've done it a time or two myself, and it caused a lot of confusion in that case. So I just took care of it to head off that possibility. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:13 am
loon wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:03 am Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
Thanks, Rich!

Larry, this was a quick fix, and I happened to be around, so I went ahead and fixed it. Looks like it was a simple drag-and-drop error. I've done it a time or two myself, and it caused a lot of confusion in that case. So I just took care of it to head off that possibility. :)
Oh, we must have been in the MW at the same time, because I was doing the same thing :lol: k
And, I double checked to make sure that the claim for 6 is correct.

Anyway, all is well.
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

This must be why the Magic Window has that name - all I have to do is complain and it's fixed.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

loon wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:21 am This must be why the Magic Window has that name - all I have to do is complain and it's fixed.
Yep, that's why! :lol:
dhandiR

Post by dhandiR »

silverquill wrote: December 17th, 2020, 9:33 am
dhandiR wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:50 pm Track 9 (10:31):
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_09_barnum_128kb.mp3
If I could claim Track 5, that'd be great.
Thank you!
This is Ready for PL

Unfortunately, there was a claim posted for Chapter 5 just before this, so I've already assigned it.
But, I still have you in for Chapter 10
Hi, so I don't remember claiming Track 10, but I'm willing to do it. However, when I check in the Magic Window, it says that Track 10 has already been claimed by someone else. Should I record track 10 or was this just a scheduling error?
No
-Bill Nye, probably
LynSerene

Post by LynSerene »

loon wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:55 am

Thanks!
P.S. It's helpful if you include the duration of your chapter when you post a link to your upload. Chapter 7 is 13:23.
Ah yes -- will take note of that the next time
==================
Lyn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dhandiR wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:41 pm
Hi, so I don't remember claiming Track 10, but I'm willing to do it. However, when I check in the Magic Window, it says that Track 10 has already been claimed by someone else. Should I record track 10 or was this just a scheduling error?
:hmm: Well, that is puzzling.
i think it is more likely the result of my trying to read this without my glasses. :lol:

But, this was claimed by a new reader who my be a no-show, so I'll keep you in mind if it ends up being an orphan.
Sorry for the confusion, but I do appreciate your note.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_06_barnum_128kb.mp3
14:40

(That boy deserved more than just a butting.)

Thanks,

M
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

Thanks,

M
Thank you!
Marked, Ready for PL
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

mleigh wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

Chapter 6 - Lightfoot Butts A Boy (who had it coming) - PL OK.

(By the way, at ~7:26 I hear "short-haired goat" - the text reads "short-horned goat" - but this doesn't affect the story, so it's not a problem.)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sadly two months have passed for several claims and one section awaiting corrections, therefore:

WE HAVE OPEN SECTIONS!

We would love to have quick turn around on any claims for these abandoned sections so we can finish the book.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I'll take 8 Lightfoot on a Voyage

if you'd like.

Thanks,

M