[COMPLETE][Solo] Scottish Ghost Stories by Elliott O'Donnell - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Thank you! I have been trying to catch up, but have a video for youtube to do, no ideas. lol. Six more chapters to go. :)
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Ok, I uploaded section 12. I hated this chapter. I really did. I would have deleted it, but I know that is not an option. It is a dark, dark tale. I went over it over it over it. I hope it is alright, and that my dislike for it did not fog my poor brain :( . Sher :
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Out of town for a couple of days so will get to it soon. Jim
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Have a good time, be safe, sher :D
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I just uploaded section 13. No hurry on either. sher :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 12 is PL OK. You were right--it is horrific. Jim :thumbs:
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Thanks for checking it. I even felt guilty sending that to you, knowing how sad it made me. Glad it is behind me. sher
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 13 is fine, but Checker says you are outside the target range for volume, so I am going to ask you to bring it down closer to the ideal 89.6 and then re-submit. Thanks. Jim :)
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I did run it through, but then I think, i went back and changed the tag end. I'll do it now.

Also, I just downloaded section 14. I will be gone myself for about a week, tending to my business. Thanks!
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

OK, done. and thanks, sher
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

OK, done. and thanks, sher
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Interesting to hear that you checked it for volume because I didn't think it was a problem when listening, but I know that some of the important people advocate for the 89.6., which makes sense because that is mid-way between the extremes. Also with background noise on this Section 13, which Checker said could use a little more cleaning, but I didn't hear anything. I guess the lesson is that we have to take Checker with a grain of salt. For me, I try to keep the number for both on Checker the lower ends, 80's for volume and 20's for background noise. Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am not sure my previous statement was very clear, but you have fixed the problem in Section 13 and are PL OK. Thanks. And I will be in touch soon on 14. Jim
:thumbs:
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I ran it through MP3, but I was removing most or all of my breathing, and was getting a "too silent" notice, so I've been letting in a bit more.

I did run checker, then at 4 am the other morning realized I had not put "end of section 13", and instead had read "end of case 13", which is the author's designation. So, I got up and changed it, but did not run checker again because it was a small change. I don't know if that was the cause, maybe the floating head was playing tricks on me! :D

I actually always now, run it through ACX check and then Checker. I will have to make MP3 part of my usual routine. I might try your suggestion on not using 89 like I usually do and set it a bit lower. Fine-tuning, I guess. Again, thank you for your help, now back to Youtube video planning...yuck, I'd rather be recording! Sher
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am sorry, Sher, I can't help you because I don't do the things you do. I record, do Checker, then make adjustments with Effect on Audacity. That's it. And I don't set 89, I raise or lower to achieve it after recording. Have a good evening. I will listen to 14 tomorrow. Yours, Jim