[COMPLETE][Italiano][Poetry]Nuove odi barbare di Giosuè Carducci - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek

Post by Kazbek » February 17th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Ciao Pier,

Scusa, mi ci sono voluti due mesi per capire chi fossero tutte quelle persone. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nuoveodibarbare_08_carducci_128kb.mp3 (3:55)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nuoveodibarbare_23_carducci_128kb.mp3 (4:15)

Saluti,
Michael

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » February 18th, 2021, 1:46 am

Kazbek wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 6:57 pm
Ciao Pier,

Scusa, mi ci sono voluti due mesi per capire chi fossero tutte quelle persone. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nuoveodibarbare_08_carducci_128kb.mp3 (3:55)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nuoveodibarbare_23_carducci_128kb.mp3 (4:15)

Saluti,
Michael
Certo, Michael: immagino le tue ricerche, da appassionato di storia, quale credo tu sia!
Molto ben letto! :clap:
Ho apprezzato molto anche la tua lettura in tedesco, ma lascio a Sonia effettuare il PL di quella sezione, data la mia, come sai, insufficiente conoscenza della lingua.

La lettura della sezione 8 è perfetta :9: , salvo una piccola osservazione (ovviamente a proposito in un accento, venendo da parte mia!): a 3:18, pag 61 inizio della seconda strofa di quella pagina, "Nìobe" credo che in italiano vada letto con l'accento sulla i (https://www.dizionario-italiano.it/dizionario-italiano.php?lemma=NIOBE100). Controlla.
Per il resto tutto da PL O.K.
e così siamo praticamente alla fine anche di questo progetto!
Pier

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 18th, 2021, 3:11 am

Iunta4Ios wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 1:46 am
Ho apprezzato molto anche la tua lettura in tedesco, ma lascio a Sonia effettuare il PL di quella sezione, data la mia, come sai, insufficiente conoscenza della lingua.
the German version sounds excellent and I have no problem giving this a PL ok :) excellent job, Michael, thank you !

Do you want Niobe corrected, Pier ? In the original Greek I think they stress on the 'o', it didn't strike me as wrong in the German version. I think this would be optional.

We are almost finished, is there a last-minute-change in the intro-text you want to change ?

Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » February 18th, 2021, 3:55 am

Kitty wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 3:11 am
Iunta4Ios wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 1:46 am
the German version sounds excellent and I have no problem giving this a PL ok :) excellent job, Michael, thank you !

Do you want Niobe corrected, Pier ? In the original Greek I think they stress on the 'o', it didn't strike me as wrong in the German version. I think this would be optional.

We are almost finished, is there a last-minute-change in the intro-text you want to change ?

Sonia
I leave to Michael the free choice to evaluate if he prefers to change the accent on Niobe or not: if you, Michael, like better Niòbe I can perfectly accept it even if it sounds a little strange to my Italian ears. (but I am asking to consider it only in the Italian version, of course). Please Michael just let me know your decision on it, to enable me to mark it PL O.K., thanks.

As far as the introduction is concerned I am happy with it as it is. ( by the way, my idea is to launch the project of the "terze odi barbare" soon, the series).
Pier

Kazbek

Post by Kazbek » February 18th, 2021, 7:10 am

Thanks for your comments, Pier and Sonia! The question of stress in Niobe is an interesting one. I doubt it was standardized in Italian for this name before the 20th century, so I think it's a question of whether Carducci followed the Greek (ni-O-be) or the Latin (NI-o-be) pattern. I'm not sure I quite understand the meter of this poem, but this line seems to follow a scheme with a "pseudo-spondee" at the end:

_.. | _.. | _.. | _ _
STA ne la NOT-te la COR-sa ni-O-BE
O so-li-TA-ri-a CA-sa d'a-IA-CCIO

I think I'm going to leave it as is, at the risk of sounding strange to Italian ears.. and perhaps I'm not going to find myself in bad company! :mrgreen:

O Niobè, con che occhi dolenti
vedea io te segnata in su la strada,
tra sette e sette tuoi figliuoli spenti!

Michael

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » February 18th, 2021, 10:18 am

Kazbek wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 7:10 am
Thanks for your comments, Pier and Sonia! The question of stress in Niobe is an interesting one. I doubt it was standardized in Italian for this name before the 20th century, so I think it's a question of whether Carducci followed the Greek (ni-O-be) or the Latin (NI-o-be) pattern. I'm not sure I quite understand the meter of this poem, but this line seems to follow a scheme with a "pseudo-spondee" at the end:

_.. | _.. | _.. | _ _
STA ne la NOT-te la COR-sa ni-O-BE
O so-li-TA-ri-a CA-sa d'a-IA-CCIO

I think I'm going to leave it as is, at the risk of sounding strange to Italian ears.. and perhaps I'm not going to find myself in bad company! :mrgreen:

O Niobè, con che occhi dolenti
vedea io te segnata in su la strada,
tra sette e sette tuoi figliuoli spenti!

Michael
So it is PL O.K. and the project is complete!
Concerning "Niobe" I trusted your good evaluation, especially since I am sure you have a better musical ear than me and not always the usual pronunciation used in normal speech applies directly to poetry!
So thanks to you for your contribution, to all the readers of this section, and to Sonia! :clap: :clap: :clap:
See you all soon, I hope, in a new project.
Pier

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 18th, 2021, 12:19 pm

Iunta4Ios wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 10:18 am
So it is PL O.K. and the project is complete!
ok great, I will launch the cataloguing process then now. No more changes please !

Sonia

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » February 18th, 2021, 1:04 pm

:thumbs:
Pier

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 18th, 2021, 1:53 pm

It's finished :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/nuove-odi-barbare-by-giosue-carducci/

Moving to Completed...

Sonia

mrnmrz72

Post by mrnmrz72 » February 18th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Great news, well done us :clap: :clap:

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 19th, 2021, 12:16 am

Wonderful! :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: