COMPLETE [SOLO/RELIGION] The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans by Handley Carr Glyn Moule-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » November 26th, 2020, 7:25 pm

The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans by Handley Carr Glyn Moule (1841 - 1920).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-epistle-of-st-paul-to-the-romans-by-handley-carr-glyn-moule/
He who attempts to expound the Epistle to the Romans, when his sacred task is over, is little disposed to speak about his Commentary; he is occupied rather with an ever deeper reverence and wonder over the Text which he has been permitted to handle, a Text so full of a marvellous man, above all so full of God. It remains only to express the hope that these pages may serve in some degree to convey to their readers a new Tolle, Lege for the divine Text itself; if only by suggesting to them sometimes the words of St Augustine, "To Paul I appeal from all interpreters of his writings." ( Preface)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/48858
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans, by Handley Moule. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans by Handley Moule. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Epistle of St Paul to the Romans, by Handley Moule. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename epistletotheromans_##_moule_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. epistletotheromans_01_moule_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by InTheDesert on November 28th, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

silverquill

Post by silverquill » November 26th, 2020, 7:36 pm

If you will have me again, I would be glad to join as DPL.
~ Larry

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » November 26th, 2020, 7:48 pm

silverquill wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 7:36 pm
If you will have me again, I would be glad to join as DPL.
Always a pleasure.

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » November 26th, 2020, 8:12 pm

By way of a cover, could this illustration be used since it is referred to in the first chapter?

https://archive.org/details/lifeepistlesofst18782lewi/page/410/mode/2up

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » November 28th, 2020, 8:05 pm

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

Covermakers can choose what they want for the cover. If they see your suggestion, they can follow it, but many of them don't check the project thread ... so it might not be seen. If you feel strongly about it, then the way to ensure it's used is to make the cover yourself. As soloist, you have first dibs and can put in a claim before the project is cataloged. Once it's cataloged, it's assigned to the first to claim in the covermakers thread.

MaryAnn

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » November 28th, 2020, 8:25 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 8:05 pm
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

Covermakers can choose what they want for the cover. If they see your suggestion, they can follow it, but many of them don't check the project thread ... so it might not be seen. If you feel strongly about it, then the way to ensure it's used is to make the cover yourself. As soloist, you have first dibs and can put in a claim before the project is cataloged. Once it's cataloged, it's assigned to the first to claim in the covermakers thread.

MaryAnn
Wonderful, thanks so much. I'll see what I can do about the cover!

Also, no rush at all from your end (we've all got busy lives!), but in case it has dropped off the list, The Fundamentals Volume 1 is finished and ready for the catalogue.

silverquill

Post by silverquill » November 30th, 2020, 9:49 am

Well, we're off on this adventure. I love the imaginative style of the first chapter.

There is just one note for the preface, however.

5:49 ff repeat of: “ that when the Epistle is studied from within its deepest spiritual element,”

Our major assignment for my course in Romans was to write our own commentary on the book. After working our way through Karl Barth's., this seemed like a daunting task, but with what seemed like a paucity of any significant insight, we all persevered.
~ Larry

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » December 1st, 2020, 6:44 pm

silverquill wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 9:49 am
Well, we're off on this adventure. I love the imaginative style of the first chapter.

There is just one note for the preface, however.

5:49 ff repeat of: “ that when the Epistle is studied from within its deepest spiritual element,”

Our major assignment for my course in Romans was to write our own commentary on the book. After working our way through Karl Barth's., this seemed like a daunting task, but with what seemed like a paucity of any significant insight, we all persevered.
Thanks Larry, fixed!

I still haven't managed to place your theological leanings - were you positive about Barth on Romans when you were made to read it?

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm

1-3 are all PL OK.

Well, I've been raised in what we describe as the Arminian-Wesleyan tradition.

I attended one of our denominational schools, Northwest Nazarene University, so this was perhaps an unusual text book for a conservative school. But, as our professor said, Barth's "Romans" fell like a bombshell on the theological world. It is certainly a challenging read, but deeply moving. I've not read his Church Dogmatics. That would be a formidable undertaking. I have no verification, but the story has been told that while waiting on a platform to speak, someone leaned over to him and asked Barth what was the most profound thought had ever had. Barth paused a moment and said, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."
~ Larry

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 4th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Section 4

0:01 Repeat: "Chapter 4"
~ Larry

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » December 5th, 2020, 12:21 pm

silverquill wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:01 pm
Section 4

0:01 Repeat: "Chapter 4"
Audacity macros: Do we use them? Yes! Do we trust them? No!

Interesting to hear your history. Barth is certainly fresh, learned and has a low view of humanity and worth reading if not to agree with him. Seems like the copyright of even the 1919 German version of the commentary was renewed so it won't be making its way on to LV for a while.

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 6th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Chapter 4 is PL OK.
~ Larry

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 14th, 2020, 9:13 am

Chapter 5:
Missed edit at 9:20-22
Pauses to check: 9:52 11:40

Chapter 6
PL OK
~ Larry

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » December 14th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Thanks Larry! This is turning out to be quite an undertaking!

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 15th, 2020, 12:07 pm

7 and 9 are PL OK

Section 8
6:38 Repeat: “Would He be unjust?”
~ Larry